VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm getting this when I attempt to burn Disk 1 with Nero 5.5.9.0 after spliting a DVD using IFOEdit 0.91 and the instructions at http://mpucoder.kewlhair.com/derrow/splitdvd.html The second disk burns fine. Anyone else encounter this problem and figure it out?
    For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Each disk needs:
    A VIDEO_TS directory, and at LEAST these files:
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VIDEO_TS.BUF
    VTS_01_1.IFO
    VTS_01_1.BUF
    VTS_01_1.VOB

Also, for NERO, you must make sure that the number of video title sets (VTS) on the particular disk corresponds to the number recorded in the VIDEO_TS.IFO file (it's in 3 different places).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by SLK001
    Each disk needs:
    A VIDEO_TS directory, and at LEAST these files:
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VIDEO_TS.BUF
    VTS_01_1.IFO
    VTS_01_1.BUF
    VTS_01_1.VOB

Also, for NERO, you must make sure that the number of video title sets (VTS) on the particular disk corresponds to the number recorded in the VIDEO_TS.IFO file (it's in 3 different places).
    Do you mean 3 different places in VIDEO_TS.IFO?

Disk 1 has all the original DVD's contents (copied from the VIDEO_TS folder of the rip) except that the main title has been shortened to include only the portion up to the layer-break. The only other mod I've made is to reduce the number of chapters in VMG_PTT_SRPT.
    For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I mean 3 different places in the VIDEO_TS.IFO file (but don't ask me where... two of them are very near, if not at the top of their "pages", while the third is somewhat down its "page" - but they ALL are on different "pages"). Just look for instances of "VTS" and you will probably find what you are looking for.

P.S. You DO know what constitutes a video title set, don't you? There can be up to 99 VTSs on a DVD, with each having up to 9 "Chapters". Read the format like this:
    VTS_(current VTS number in 2 digit format)_(current VTS chapter in 1 digit format).VOB (ie, VTS_03_1.VOB).
    Each VTS must have its own .IFO file which corresponds to its VTS number (ie, VTS_03_0.IFO).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by SLK001
    Yes, I mean 3 different places in the VIDEO_TS.IFO file (but don't ask me where... two of them are very near, if not at the top of their "pages", while the third is somewhat down its "page" - but they ALL are on different "pages"). Just look for instances of "VTS" and you will probably find what you are looking for.

P.S. You DO know what constitutes a video title set, don't you? There can be up to 99 VTSs on a DVD, with each having up to 9 "Chapters". Read the format like this:
    VTS_(current VTS number in 2 digit format)_(current VTS chapter in 1 digit format).VOB (ie, VTS_03_1.VOB).
    Each VTS must have its own .IFO file which corresponds to its VTS number (ie, VTS_03_0.IFO).
    I believe I understand the basic data structures of a DVD.

All the original DVD Title Sets were copied from the rip's VIDEO_TS folder. So the number of title sets has not changed. Only the number of chapter in the main Title Set has been reduced. AFAIK that's the only mod I've made. So, would there still be a reason for me to diddle with the TS info? Am I mis-understanding what you're saying?

Richard P. Feynman
    Quote Quote  
  6. I had the same problem .It kept ASKING FOR FILES i DID NOT WANT OR NEED TO INCLUDE,AS i CHECKED IN ifo EDITOR AND HAD BURNT THE DISC ON 5.8.ok

tHE WAY i GOT IT TO WORK ,aND i DONT KNOW WHAT THE COMSEQUENCES ARE BUT i:

iN iso SETTINGS i CHECKED THE 1ST TWO (2) SETTINGS IN reLAX iso RETRICTIONS.aLOW PATH DEPTHE,ETC AND ALOW MORE THEN 255 CHAECTERS.

i DONT KNOW WHY IT WORKED BUT IT DID.
    rob

wHY DID THEY CHANG THIS IN 5.9!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey dumbass,

Does Nero report that a Bup file and an IFO file don't match?
    I don't have a bad attitude...
    Life has a bad attitude!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Am I mis-understanding what you're saying?
    Either you are or I am. What I believe that you are doing is copying a DVD-9 to 2 DVD-Rs. If this is so, then the original DVD-9 had (as an example) the following files:
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_02_1.VOB
    VTS_03_1.VOB
    VTS_04_1.VOB
    VTS_05_1.VOB
    VTS_06_1.VOB
    VTS_07_1.VOB, or, a total of 7 video title sets. When you made the split, you kept the following files on the first disk, followed by the next set of files on the second disk:
    FIRST DISK:
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_02_1.VOB
    VTS_03_1.VOB
    VTS_04_1.VOB

SECOND DISK:
    VTS_05_1.VOB
    VTS_06_1.VOB
    VTS_07_1.VOB.

Because of the requirement for a VTS_01_1.VOB, you renamed the second disk files as follows:
    VTS_05_1.VOB -> VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_06_1.VOB -> VTS_02_1.VOB
    VTS_07_1.VOB -> VTS_03_1.VOB

So, for NERO to say "nicey, nicey", you have to change the ORIGINAL VIDEO_TS.IFO file number of video title sets from 7 to 4 (and don't worry about the second, since it is working?).

I know it's a pain in the ass, but it's a matter of maintaining a product that meets the DVD standard.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by SLK001
    Am I mis-understanding what you're saying?
    Either you are or I am. What I believe that you are doing is copying a DVD-9 to 2 DVD-Rs. If this is so, then the original DVD-9 had (as an example) the following files:
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_02_1.VOB
    VTS_03_1.VOB
    VTS_04_1.VOB
    VTS_05_1.VOB
    VTS_06_1.VOB
    VTS_07_1.VOB, or, a total of 7 video title sets. When you made the split, you kept the following files on the first disk, followed by the next set of files on the second disk:
    FIRST DISK:
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_02_1.VOB
    VTS_03_1.VOB
    VTS_04_1.VOB

SECOND DISK:
    VTS_05_1.VOB
    VTS_06_1.VOB
    VTS_07_1.VOB.
    That's not what I'm doing. Using your example, the original DVD-9 had (in addition to VIDEO_TS) the following files:
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_02_1.VOB
    VTS_03_1.VOB
    VTS_04_1.VOB
    VTS_05_1.VOB
    VTS_06_1.VOB
    VTS_07_1.VOB, or, a total of 7 video title sets.

Disk 1 now includes the files:
    VTS_01_x.VOB
    VTS_02_x.VOB
    VTS_03_x.VOB
    VTS_04_x.VOB
    VTS_05_x.VOB
    VTS_06_x.VOB
    VTS_07_x.VOB, but VTS_07_x.VOB which originally was 5.8GB in length and included VTS_07_1.VOB - VTS_07_6.VOB now only includes the first 1.8 GB of the original and is contained in VTS_07_1.VOB - VTS_07_2.VOB.

Disk 2 contains only the titles
    VTS_01_x.VOB
    VTS_07_x.VOB, which contains the last 4 GB of the original title.

No files were "renamed" on either disk. The original VTS_07_0.VOB is on both disks.

Since I haven't reduced the number of titles on Disk 1 from the original I'm still a bit lost as to why Nero doesn't like what's in Disk 1's VIDEO_TS folder.

Richard P. Feynman
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by leebo
    Hey dumbass,

Does Nero report that a Bup file and an IFO file don't match?
    No.

Richard P. Feynman
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by robreed
    I had the same problem .It kept ASKING FOR FILES i DID NOT WANT OR NEED TO INCLUDE,AS i CHECKED IN ifo EDITOR AND HAD BURNT THE DISC ON 5.8.ok

tHE WAY i GOT IT TO WORK ,aND i DONT KNOW WHAT THE COMSEQUENCES ARE BUT i:

iN iso SETTINGS i CHECKED THE 1ST TWO (2) SETTINGS IN reLAX iso RETRICTIONS.aLOW PATH DEPTHE,ETC AND ALOW MORE THEN 255 CHAECTERS.

i DONT KNOW WHY IT WORKED BUT IT DID.
    rob

wHY DID THEY CHANG THIS IN 5.9!!!!!!!
    Thanks for the suggestion, but after trying almost every combination of ISO settings I could think of its still isn't working.

Richard P. Feynman
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nostradumbass,

Try this.

Figure out which VOB's contain the main movie (it's usualy VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB
    etc.

Or

VTS_02_1.VOB
    VTS_02_2.VOB
    VTS_02_3.VOB
    etc.

make two new folders, name them disc 1 and disc 2.

Open the IFO for the main movie in IFO edit.
    Click on VOB extras.
    Click on Split to two DVD's (or whatever it's called).

Let it do it's thing.

Now, what I do is to copy Video_ts.ifo and bup and vob to both folders.
    Then I copy whatever files are remaining from the original rip to both folders, with one exception:

disc 1 folder usually has less room remaining than the disc 2 folder, so I make dummy vob's to put in it so IFOEdit and Nero will see the files they are expecting to see (I name the dummy files after the real ones they are replacing).

Then I run IFOEdit on both folders to correct the ifo's.
    Then I rename folder 1 "VIDEO_TS" (making sure it's in the root of the hard drive) and test it with WinDVD.
    Then I do the same for disc 2.

As long as Nero see's all the files it's expecting to see, and the IFO's and BUP's match, Nero will burn it.
    Life has a bad attitude!
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by leebo
    Nostradumbass,

Try this.

... instructions deleted..
    This looks just like the recipe I followed from http://mpucoder.kewlhair.com/derrow/splitdvd.html

Originally Posted by leebo
    Then I copy whatever files are remaining from the original rip to both folders, with one exception:

disc 1 folder usually has less room remaining than the disc 2 folder, so I make dummy vob's to put in it so IFOEdit and Nero will see the files they are expecting to see (I name the dummy files after the real ones they are replacing).
    How did you make dummies?

Originally Posted by leebo
    Then I run IFOEdit on both folders to correct the ifo's.
    Then I rename folder 1 "VIDEO_TS" (making sure it's in the root of the hard drive) and test it with WinDVD.
    Then I do the same for disc 2.
    Humm... neither of mine were in the root but Disk 2 burned fine. I'll give that a try.

Richard P. Feynman
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I snagged a 10kb VOB file from a disc and copied it to my HD.
    I use it when copying DVD's.
    I copy it to the folder and rename it to whatever I need.
    Then I do it again and again for the rest.

neither of mine were in the root but Disk 2 burned fine.
    Well, thats only to test it b4 burning it. It dosn't need to be in the root for burning.
    Life has a bad attitude!
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by leebo
    I snagged a 10kb VOB file from a disc and copied it to my HD.
    I use it when copying DVD's.
    I copy it to the folder and rename it to whatever I need.
    Then I do it again and again for the rest.

neither of mine were in the root but Disk 2 burned fine.
    Well, thats only to test it b4 burning it. It dosn't need to be in the root for burning.
    Thanks. BTW, would you mind emailing that dummy VOB?

Richard P. Feynman
    Quote Quote