VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    just copied all my hd content to my new NAS (readynas duo) and now stream it from this to my lg hb405su reciever..........

mediainfo shows 6 channels but when i press the info button when playing on the LG it says 2, what is real in this case.......??

Many thanks in advance..................
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not enough information to give a definitive answer.

What format is the audio ? (mediainfo can tell you this)
    Does the TV play this format ?
    Is the receiver configured for streaming the digital audio, or converting it to PCM ?
    What streaming software are you using ?
    Is the streaming software converting the audio (transcoding on-the-fly) ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I do apologise....................

1. The audio format for my hd stuff is in the usual dts, ac3 and aac, all supported by my receiver.....(LGHB405SU)
    2. The sound is not going to the TV, but to the surround sound speakers (LGHB405SU)
    3. As far as I am aware the receiver decodes the supported audio tracks automatically.....
    4. No streaming software as such.......I am using the ReadyNas Duo RND2110 media server..............
    5. And the NAS simply serves the files up to network devices, so the LG is doing all the processing...

The thing is, its sounds as if the audio is still 5.1 surround, its just that it doesnt say so when I bringup the video information on the TV.........I am quite picky about things like that...............

If I have went to the bother in ripping/obtaining such audio/video then I kinda want to see thats what I am getting......

Thanks for your reply..........................

Do you know of any reasons why the receiver might think its only 2 chanell..................
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Did you rip it yourself ? If so, how ?

If not - who knows. People do weird and wonderful things when they process video. I have seen workflows posted here that are simply unfothomable in their complexity and needless use of superfluous tools.

Do this happen with all multi-channel files, or just some of them ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Its corect to assume that some of my HD stuff (mkv, mp4) have not been processed from me.........

Some files do display either dts 5.1 or dd 5.1 and some do not, thats what I dont understand.......

Before I got the NAS, I played these files on the PS3, when pressing select to see what was there it showed the correct information........

Because I am obsessed with having everything right I will have to do something with them............

Is there any steps I could take to rectify it then...............

I realise it could also just be a problem with my LG, so in light of that I will be checking for any firmware updates at the earliest conveniance.......

Thanks for your help so far........
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    screen shot of mediainfo of one of my HD files.........................Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	4850

Hope you can see that...................this is just one of the files that when streamed from my netgear readynas duo says its only 2 channell...........it sounds as if it mat actually be surrounf sound but does any one know why it is saying its only 2 channell..

streaming to my network blu ray player (LG HB405SU)......................

Ta.........................
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    screen shot of mediainfo of one of my HD files.........................Image
    [Attachment 4850 - Click to enlarge]

Hope you can see that...................this is just one of the files that when streamed from my netgear readynas duo says its only 2 channell...........it sounds as if it may actually be surround sound but does any one know why it is saying its only 2 channell..

streaming to my network blu ray player (LG HB405SU)......................

Ta.........................
    Quote Quote