VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,

I've been struggling with dvd lab pro for the last two hours but I'm now running out of options
    I have previously used DVD lab pro to build a dvd of my own (pictures, video and sound) and everything went smooth.
    For some reason I don't understand, the DVD I'm try to make now has no audio track when being burned.

So here is what I do:
    I have built my dvd structure, added my slideshows and menus, everything is working perfectly well
    I have converted some soundtracks to AC3 format, added them in the audio track of my menus and
    slideshow, they are correctly displayed in the audio track, I see they are in 48.1k stereo.
    I then burn the project to a .IMG and play it with a virtual drive in order to avoid burning discs for nothing.
    Cyberlink plays the DVD fine but no sound, there are no audio tracks at all.
    I suspected my sound files to be the problem so I tried a couple of other formats but same problem.
    There are some free sounds available within DVD lab pro so I tried to insert them into my project, I
    suppose those demo sounds are using the right format but again, no sound on the DVD.

I really don't know what's happening, I didn't have this problem with my previous dvd.

Any idea?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you should try again but make sure all the audio is in the same format. changing audio types in a single vts is not allowed.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    All assets in a single VTS must have the same format in the same tracks. E.g. is the menu uses AC-3 then track on of each movie asset must also be AC-3. Subsequent tracks can be different formats, however if multiple movie assets have multiple audio tracks, formats on these must also match. Many older players set the audio decoder based on the menu unless you also program an audio selection menu. So if the menu uses PCM audio, the decoder may be set for PCM, and therefore ignore AC-3 when the movie starts. An audio selection menu screen gets around this by directing the player change formats, but if you set up your assets correctly in the first place, this is unnecessary.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. All right guys, thanks for the explanation, I finally managed to get some sound on my DVD. In fact I had used the DVD Lab Pro demo clip to start my disc and this clip was built in .MPV while all my sounds were in .AC3. I have deleted this demo movie clip and added one of the sound track from the dvd lab pro library and it worked!

now i'm facing another problem, when I burn an image of my project and I play it, I get the previous project i was working on, sounds like a cache problem.

Anyway, thanks for your help guys, you saved my day
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Check your ooutput folders.

Personally, I prefer to output to a folder, test from the HDD, then burn with Imgburn if all is well. Saves on coasters.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote