VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. This is mostly a stupid question, and I think I am going nuts on this, so this is my last chance for help, I already tried and looked everywhere before asking.

How do I load a ssa file into Handbrake?? There is just an import .srt button, and I just can load srt files into it via the subtitles tab. Adding an srt file wont let me burn it into though. So where is the option to import a .ssa file?? Everywhere I looked people said they could import .ssa files, and even the Handbrake handbook says it can handle .ssa files.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by wurstsalat View Post
    This is mostly a stupid question, and I think I am going nuts on this, so this is my last chance for help, I already tried and looked everywhere before asking.

How do I load a ssa file into Handbrake?? There is just an import .srt button, and I just can load srt files into it via the subtitles tab. Adding an srt file wont let me burn it into though. So where is the option to import a .ssa file?? Everywhere I looked people said they could import .ssa files, and even the Handbrake handbook says it can handle .ssa files.
    I just searched for it, and find a lot, mostly about VIDCODER its says, as you said that it supports ssa. have you tried to drag the ssa file onto the program?
    Quote Quote  
  3. you can put this thing in your handbrake version http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Other-VIDEO-Tools/Cyko.shtml

what it does:

updates:
    04-14-12
    - automatically add chapter markers if the source has it

03-24-12
    - fix a bug where Cyko cannot encode multi-audio and cannot mux multi-subtitles to mkv
    this bug/error is due to converting the old code to the latest features of Lazarus FreePascal
    (namely *.Parameters.Delimeter and *.Parameters.DelimitedText)

03-18-12
    - added automatic computer shutdown when encoding is done, as requested,
    this option is below the "Outputs" tab above the "Abort Encoding" button

12-27-11
    - added profile options of x264 including baseline, main, high
    baseline are settings intended for mobile phones
    main are settings intended for standalone players
    high are settings intended for PC playback

12-15-11
    - fix some bug when choosing a preset the hardsub option becomes checked

12-06-11
    - added preset and tune options of x264 (so make sure to use the latest nighly build of handbrakeCLI)
    - make x264 denoiser a checkbox option
    - added switchable width/height resolution

12-05-11
    - added denoising parameter of x264lib (denoising lessens bitrate/filesize more on grainy or noisy source videos)

10-31-11
    - change preset universal to preset cellphone to encode QVGA (or 320x240 screen) videos for mobile phone viewing

07-17-11
    - added presets for devices

07-07-11
    - update settings for "High Quality" added me-range=24 for more efficiency that lessens blocking

05-10-11
    - fix output naming and when "Hard Subs" is checked it outputs to mp4
    in the old naming of output if for example the source name is "sample.mkv"
    it will output to "sample.mkv-OUT.mkv" but now it will be "sample-OUT.mkv" only

05-09-11
    - when "Hard Subs" is checked it will output to mp4
    you may wonder what if the source file has no subs at all
    so will checking "Hard Subs" still output to mp4? the answer is yes

05-08-11
    - added "--mixdown mono" for encoding FLAC 6 channel audio to low bitrates

04-29-11
    - added b-adapt=2 on presets "medium quality" and "high quality"

04-27-11
    - changed the presets to be more balance on speed and quality
    Hight Quality -> deblock=1,1:ref=8:bframes=5:me=umhubme=10:trellis=2sy-rd=0.0:aq-strength=0.6:aq-mode=2
    Medium Quality -> deblock=1,1:ref=5:bframes=3:me=umhubme=8:trellis=1sy-rd=0.0:aq-strength=0.6
    Low Quality -> deblock=1,1:ref=3:bframes=3:trellis=1sy-rd=0.0:aq-strength=0.6

04-19-11
    - add "Output Location" button on the "Inputs" tab

04-07-11
    - added turbo first pass on "Target Bitrate" mode for faster encoding

04-03-11
    - handbrake added support for ASS/SSA soft subbing so Cyko have it too now

03-30-11
    - updated the presets, high quality preset is same as --preset veryslow of x264 this will give more compression and quality gain at the cost of a little longer encoding time

03-03-11
    - the close button of the console window is now disabled so if you want to stop
    the encoding process just click "Abort Encoding" button on the GUI app

02-23-2011
    - target Filesize is remove due to handbrake developers plan to remove it, read more here -> https://forum.handbrake.fr/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=20174
    you can still use average Bitrate though its name on cyko is "Target Bitrate"
    - HandbrakeCLI.exe detection is now better
    - remove the Width inputbox as it confuses newbies to encoding, resolution is in Height and in pixels anyway
    like 400p or 360p or 384p or 480p or 576p or etc.
    - rename "CRF" to "Target Quality"
    - rename "Bitrate" to "Target Bitrate"

11-11-10
    - adjusted PsyRD value to 0.0 on all quality presets but i didnt disable psy opts with --no-psy

11-05-10
    - fixed the abort button it will only abort when encoding is going
    - added ReadMe.txt it will give you instructions on how to get and update HandbrakeCLI.exe

Cyko 11-05-10 (fixed the abort button it will only abort when encoding is going)
    Cyko 11-11-10 (read the ReadMe.txt included, adjust PsyRD value to 0.0 on all quality presets)
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use mkvmerge to mux the ssa and output a mkv,then add the mkv to handbrake and add the ssa as a sub to burnin and output as mp4.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Was pulling my hair out trying to do this too.

So I decided to write a blog post for working with Handbrake, MP4 and Subtitles
    Last edited by s00tie; 5th Sep 2014 at 19:20.
    Quote Quote