VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm looking for a video player that has a very detailed control panel.

The features i'm looking for are:
    -can step forward/backwards a user specified amount of time each click(x seconds per click). Preferably able to hotkey to keyboard buttons
    -be able to easily change between playing at 1x-around 100x normal speed with button clicks.

Anyone know of anything with these capabilities? Any help would be much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Many can do what you mention - just a matter of how. The frame by frame probably won't be automatic (as in, click a button, then it auto advances 1 frame at a time).

VCL & SMPlayer may have the most configurable control bars (add icons). I think SMP can step forward / back. Believe VLC only steps forward (for 1 frame) - not positive.

I don't know they'll have 100x - why would you want to "play" that fast? Can't see anything. Why not just drag seek button or click on advance bar?
    Quote Quote  
  3. MPCHC has single step forward and backward, jump ahead or backward in small, medium, and large increments, jump forward and backward to keyframes, and fast forward all with keyboard shortcuts. Speed is limited to 1/8 to 4x.

PotPlayer plays up to 16x forward.

You won't find a player that supports 100x because no player can decode the source video that fast. And backward playback usually isn't feasible because of long GOPs.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    smplayer has skip buttons that jump 10 seconds by default, and you can change that figure. Very convenient. It's my default player. It also does speedup well.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    mplayerc has multiple playback speed and v6489 will run on windows 98
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    VLC would work. You can setup extra hot keys via advanced options. Also you can customize the interface with the built in editor or use the beta vlc skin maker.
    Quote Quote