VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a newbie with video/subbing anything and ive been trying to figure this out for weeks.

I have figured out how to make the subtitles in aegisub and how to get .ass or .srt files.
    I ultimately want to hardsub the subs into the video so its easier to upload on to youtube and not have to use their soft sub/upload subtitle option.
    Can I use handbrake to do this? I also tried with VLC and have tried to follow countless tutorials but my VLC looks different (even though i have DLed the latest version) so they dont work...

and most tutorials i do find are for people that want to hardsub DVDs
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can use HandBrake/Vidcoder to hardcode .ass. It requires the subtitles to be muxed (embeded) in the video file. There is a beta version of Vidcoder that can hardcode .srt. How-to here.

Another option is to use Xvid4PSP.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by videobruger View Post
    You can use HandBrake/Vidcoder to hardcode .ass. It requires the subtitles to be muxed (embeded) in the video file. There is a beta version of Vidcoder that can hardcode .srt. How-to here.

Another option is to use Xvid4PSP.
    Note that this is being asked in the Mac forum, though; while there is an OS X version of Handbrake, I don't think it has a version of Vidcoder (I could be wrong, though), and certainly not XVid4PSP.

AviDemux could handle it, but I'm not sure if the newer versions are able to do it as well as the older versions, and... well, there may be an issue in finding an OS X build of AviDemux that works on your system.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I was too fast there. Didn't notice the Mac forum - only the mention of newbie. I believe for Using AviDemux ypu probably should stick with vers 2.5
    Quote Quote  
  5. okay...taking it all in

thanks guys! i'll try this out!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    been trying to use avidemux 2.6.8 v2 to embed the .srt file that came with the avi and it won't embed it. deleted that version and installed 2.5 and tried to embed it with it and it gave a message that it couldn't read the xml files. Notepad will open it with no problem. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!