VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys! I'm moving into an apartment and I'm bringing with my a 32" Sansui HDTV...it works pretty good for movies via HDMI with my MacBook Pro, however it does not display an image when I connect my Xbox360 My xbox360 is the first generation so NO HDMI option...it will accept up to a 1080i signal perfectly fine with my DirectTV box as I have tested resolution settings with it on various channels. I'm not sure what to do, the regular cables make the image look horsendous (480i :O the world should be ashamed that resolution was ever "good" haha). Pretty sure my TV will take a VGA input, would the best route be to buy a VGA adapter for component HD at best buy or something? I'd rather figure this out than spend money since I don't exactly have a ton of cash at the moment (I'm a student).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by nateo200 View Post
    Hi guys! I'm moving into an apartment and I'm bringing with my a 32" Sansui HDTV...it works pretty good for movies via HDMI with my MacBook Pro, however it does not display an image when I connect my Xbox360 My xbox360 is the first generation so NO HDMI option...it will accept up to a 1080i signal perfectly fine with my DirectTV box as I have tested resolution settings with it on various channels. I'm not sure what to do, the regular cables make the image look horsendous (480i :O the world should be ashamed that resolution was ever "good" haha). Pretty sure my TV will take a VGA input, would the best route be to buy a VGA adapter for component HD at best buy or something? I'd rather figure this out than spend money since I don't exactly have a ton of cash at the moment (I'm a student).
    You have two choices.

If your tv has analog component in that will handle 1080i, analog component will probably get the best picture on your TV. XBox360 has an optional analog component cable set.

Next best is the VGA cable option to TV VGA input. Top resolution choice is 1360x768p.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. I figured it out but I really appreciate the response regardless! BTW I was using analog component HD cables (you know the 3 video with the 2 audio). The problem was I had apparently set my xbox to 1080p output which all my TV's could accept over component (impressive!) except for this TV which is a tad bit older. I ended up going in and changing the settings on the other tv to 480i then plugged it back into the TV that wasn't responding and it allowed me to go up to 1080i which looks just as good as far as I can tell. Never noticed any issues with video games in interlaced formats...
    Quote Quote