VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I shot my son's birth and my mother in law's bad camera aim put certain things into the scene I'd like to blur out like they do on those shows on Discovery Channel.

Someone had suggested I use StageTools MovingParts, a plugin for Ulead, Premiere, and other editing tools. For lack of a better expression, this software is a piece of S**T. It does not work. It caused Premiere Pro to crash. It doesn't work with VideoStudio either. Very buggy software. Incredibly poor documentation.

Is there something else I can use? It can be a different editor or a plug in for one of the popular packages out there.

Please help! My son is nearly 4 years old and the video is still on my computer and not on a DVD like it should be.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you are talking about small areas, then you need to track a point in space, then use the tracking information to guide the blur. This is really the provence of compositing applications such as After Effects or Combustion. Both of these have very robust trackers, although tracking automatic tracking relies on being able to identify and follow a point.

Your other choice is to use an editor that allows key-framing of effects and filters, and manually track the area you want to blur. Premiere Pro or Vegas can do this.

Depending on how far into the frame the offending parts stray, it might be simpler just to blur the bottom/top/side parts of the frame instead.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote