VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there

I'm new to this forum so I hope I have the right location for this thread...

I have a strange issue. When I use MPEG Streamclip to convert a single video to MP4 it runs absolutely fine and the video looks perfect. However, when I start a batch conversion of multiple videos in a list, I get all sorts of pixelation throughout the resulting MP4s. I am setting them to convert with exactly the same parameters but for some reason they are much worse quality. Particularly on transitions within the videos.

I was just wondering if anyone had any idea why this may happen when doing big batches and not when done singly? I'm stumped!!

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    I had the same issue's, well more a pixelization issues with all mp4/avc encoding. My target was minidlna serving to dish hopper/samsung blu-ray via dlna and mp4/avc's were un-watchable with ridiculous pixelization. This is what after dozens of test encodes I ended up with, it's very dish hopper'ish since that was my main target..

Mpeg2 @ 23.976/2000br (frame/bit rates to high = stutter, low = pixelization). Audio AC3/2 ch which fixes some issues the hopper has with acc you may want better audio though, and finally in a mkv container. This gives me 1.5/2.0gb movies that stream great to my hopper & blu-ray. There is room to the push to the upside on quality but for the size/encode time I can not see the diff. I use Tencoder with this..

"ffmpeg.exe" -y -itsoffset 0 -threads 8 -i "video.MP4" -vcodec mpeg2video -b:v 2000000 -r 23.976 -f matroska -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -acodec ac3 -ab 128k -af aresample=resampler=soxr -ar 44100 -ac 2 video.mkv"
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!