VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    hi -

i've recently purchased an AG-8700 with built in TBC and whenever I switch the TBC on the image on screen turns brightly coloured, usually all a shade of reddy brown or a mixture of blue and purple!

i have the manual and menu settings and can't see anything that suggests I've set it up incorrectly...

any hints or have I got a faulty VCR?

the head hours are 222... I've heard about leaky capacitor problems with some panasonic decks

thanks

adrian
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hello!

I guess maybe your tbc is somehow misconfigured?

I noticed inside my unit that on TBC and TBC2 cards are lot of trimmers with what you can adjust signal parameters etc. Most of these are easyly accessible without card removal and have short explanations beside. About this should be written in service manual.

I have the ag-8600 player only, and if I switch tbc on, picture freezes.

If you have ag-8700 manual in electronic form, can you share it with me?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi folks,

I do not know if i'm at the right place ?!

I got a Panasonic AG-8700 VHS Deck, was running nicely until this morning, I cannot see anymore the video onto the tape.
    The sound is find.
    When I press Pause, I can guess the picture on my monitoring screen / frame in B&W, but not when is playing.

I tried a tape digitized already on the same deck, and that doing the same, no more video :/

I checked my wire connections to the deck-pc, my acquisition card , Avid, all is set up as usual ...

I have not a clue to work on.

For your TBC trouble, mine is on, and DNR off, was working.

UPDATE: time to wright this post an looking over big google, the video is running again ... Dust inside ? tired rolls..

Cheers

Epock
    Last edited by Epock; 18th Aug 2014 at 08:04.
    Quote Quote  
  4. UPDATE: time to wright this post an looking over big google, the video is running again ... Dust inside ? tired rolls..

Cheers

Epock
    Or maybe dirty heads? little cleaning wouldn't hurt
    Quote Quote