VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know what I did and I need your help. When I was editing a dvd, I was deleting some audio tracks from the video title set. All of a sudden the list of audio and subtitle tracks disappeared. I have know idea what I did to delete this list and have no idea how to get it back on my screen. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Scott
    "It's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... stuff"
    The 10th Doctor from "Blink"
    Quote Quote  
  2. if you are still in the program right now-click edit on the top of the screen and choose undo. You can "undo" up to a certain amount of steps

likewise you can always close the program and do not save anything and your original will be untouched

you can also click on the "program chain" line where the pgc video is that you erased the tracks from. Then on that audio tab click "add track' do this for what you deleted (so if you deleted two tracks, click add track twice). THEN click on the actual pgc line that the video belongs to, click on the audio tab that appears on the top right of the screen. For each audio track click the edit button and then check the "enabled" box

also you might want to edit the specs of your added audio tracks to match what the previous ones where. You would do this on the program chain line where you added the audio tracks back.
    Last edited by mazinz; 5th Mar 2013 at 23:25.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Too late. I'm out of the program and went back in. The deleted audio pane in the domain settings is gone.
    Quote Quote  
  4. well the only way it would over-write is if you copied the new files over your old ones. If you did this you can do what I mentioned in the post above (edited in after my original reply)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know if I explained it well. On the right side of the edit window is a sub-window. There is a tab list of tracks. One tab has the audio tracks, and another tab has the subtitle tracks. I've somehow deleted this sub-window, and I want it back.

I'm referring to the audio pane in the domain content view
    Quote Quote  
  6. ahh two things come to mind. Across the top of the program (to the right of the help button but on the line below it) if you highlight with your mouse you will see an easy mode and an advanced mode buttons. make sure advanced mode is selected-- let me know if that fixes it for you. Because if you were in advanced mode and you used the auto hide the window shrinks to just the name of the tab and that appears as wording towards the left side of the work window
    Quote Quote  
  7. you can also click "view" then "layout" and the choose the "reset" option on the bottom of that choice and it will restore everything for you
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That's what I'm looking for. The "view" button!

Where is that? I feel so stupid here.....thanks for your patience
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hell, I seem to also be missing a toolbar from my screen. I only have the icon toolbar, not the one that has file, edit, view, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by jakewoodblues View Post
    Hell, I seem to also be missing a toolbar from my screen. I only have the icon toolbar, not the one that has file, edit, view, etc.

that I cannot help you with. If you are missing the file,edit,view buttons on top it sounds more like the program was corrupted (or the registry file setting got screwed) or possibly using a hacked version since there is no normal way to use the program without those buttons present.

I would say to re-download it or copy the main exe file and open it from another location (ex c drive) on your computer. I do see that in the main folder of the program is a file called "default.LAY". Opening it in notepad it seems to be data but does list a control bar setting, so possibly yours is corrupted. Opening the main exe in another spot might have the program re-create this for you.

But once you get it going, yes click the view and then you will see the layout key. Also the help file that is a free download from the site has info on customizing the layout (in the actual program, clicking the help button gives you an option to download the manual
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Not corrupted but I am lost now also!!
    LOL!!

I opened mine to check it out, you can drag that bar off the program, then drag it back into the program.
    When I dragged mine out of the program so it was a standalone toolbar, and closed the program, the separate toolbar showed back up, but when I closed the toolbar before rejoining it with the main program window, it vanished and now I can't figure out how to get it back.

I extracted the original .exe and overwrote the original, and the toolbar is still gone & I can't figure out how to get it back now either!!
    DOHH!!!!

Messing around trying to help out and now I am in the same boat!!
    LOL!!

It must save a config file or something somewhere else outside of the .exe's main folder.
    Now I just have to find it.....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I dunno. I'm not clever enough to overwrite the .exe file. Likely corrupted it somehow. I guess I'm gonna hafta do what I shoulda done before, redownload it. /sigh
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can try this.
    Click on View in toolbar, click LAYUOT, than Load.
    It will look for "Default.LAY" file. If you do not know where it is, than do search in Windows. Once you find location, load it in.
    You can also Save your own layout later.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tinker View Post
    You can try this.
    Click on View in toolbar, click LAYUOT, than Load.
    It will look for "Default.LAY" file. If you do not know where it is, than do search in Windows. Once you find location, load it in.
    You can also Save your own layout later.
    The VIEW toolbar is the one that we are talking about that is missing
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I see now. It developed from missing side bars(Audio, Sub picture) to missing complete upper tool bar. In that case, I hope you have original ".exe" file, delete the file you are using and reload original.
    It should work, It happen to me couple of times. It does not work with overwriting the old one. You cannot use Windows Remove Program either, because it does not show there.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Yeah I tested out what you were talking about, tinker, and it blew my mind how crazy it was to try to get the toolbar back. After everything, I had to open regedit and delete the Dimadsoft folder here: HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Dimadsoft

After that I extracted the DVDRemake.exe back to the original install folder and loaded it up. It worked then. I'm sure if you're more tech savvy, you could figure out what listing under the registry fixes the toolbar issue, but for me, just deleting the entire folder worked.

Hope it helps.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It Did! I have a fully functional version of the program again!

Thanks everybody!
    Quote Quote  
  18. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tinker View Post
    I see now. It developed from missing side bars(Audio, Sub picture) to missing complete upper tool bar. In that case, I hope you have original ".exe" file, delete the file you are using and reload original.
    It should work, It happen to me couple of times. It does not work with overwriting the old one. You cannot use Windows Remove Program either, because it does not show there.
    Nope, it does not, as I have the original in a WINRAR file and when I overwrote the original it made no difference.
    I also deleted the original and then extracted the one I had in a WINRAR and it made no difference.

And it does not show up in Windows Programs or to remove as it is not an installed program, it is a standalone .exe.

@ MindController,
    I was thinking it was something in the reg or there was some hidden config or ini file somewhere on the C: drive, in AppData or somewhere that was not in the folder the original .exe was, but I have been to busy and not had time to mess with it or research the DvdRemakePro website since my last post.

But I will try what you said and see what happens.

I knew it could not be a corrupted .exe or file as I was able to re-create the same problem trying to figure it out then ended up screwing myself!!!
    LOL!!!

I know a lot of people complained about it using or maxing out their ram, which it always did on all of my systems I used it on.

Then a while back I found a fix for it, I used a hex editor to modify the original .exe file and ever since it has ran perfectly without maxing out the ram and making the system sluggish.
    Last edited by Noahtuck; 7th Mar 2013 at 22:47.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    @ MindController

Yep, that worked!
    I just deleted that from the reg and loaded the program without even deleting and extracting the original.Fired it up and the top toolbar/selection menu was back.

It seems kind of weird why they would make it so hard to get it back, but then I did not really see any issue with it not being there as you can do pretty much anything without it that you need to really do.

It just pissed me off that it was not easier to get it back!!
    LOL!!

Thanks!!
    Quote Quote