VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,
    i am developing a video editing software application.

Do you know where i can find FFMpeg Presets for various Video Formats and Quality and Device (Iphone,Ipad e.t.c.).

For example i want presets for MPEG4 which bit rates e.t.c. what audio format e.t.c. should i use
    Also for IPhone which format should i use which bitrates which audio format e.t.c.

Is there an updated list somewhere for that ?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    "MPEG4" is no device.

"iPhone" are several different generations of devices with different constraints.

Furthermore, ffmpeg may not even be able to create an MP4 file suitable for specific devices which need a special marker (atom) to accept a file as "genuinely made by the developer's software", or it may refuse to play this file for no other sane reason.

To get inspired, you may analyse templates from other software, like MeGUI or StaxRip, and study Profile@Level constraints of the contained video formats.

But first, learn the basic terminology precisely. Just as example, "MPEG-4" is a whole set of specifications, with two separate generations of video formats (MPEG-4 Part 2 = {A}SP, MPEG-4 Part 10 = AVC / H.264), and MP4 is the container (MPEG-4 Part 14, extending the generic ISO Base Media File Format specified in MPEG-4 Part 12, which is the common base of similar containers like 3GPP and Quicktime MOV).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ok danke vielmals !

Quote Quote