VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have the TDA single layer version. I just bought a Pioneer 111 dual layer drive and I'll probably experiment with dual layer discs.

Can I simply author to 8gigs and click ignore with tda and burn the 8gig folder? Or do I have use a dedicated dual layer authoring program to set the layer break? Can I use dvd decrypter to burn the 8 gig folder from tda and have that automatically set the break point?

Also, if I have to buy a new program to author dual layers what would be a cheap alternative to a new version of tda?
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    use the newer version of decrypter - imgburn and you can have it set the layer break. i re-read your buying thread and went to newegg and got a 111d beige for $37 with free shipping myself. i'm not putting up with shoddy lite-on burns anymore.

i use dvd-lab pro, it will author dvd9, but with the price of dual layer media still so high i have never bothered. as long as i can keep the video bitrate over 3000 vbr, no one has ever complained.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hey great news. Thanks aedipuss. If I just keep using my current version of tda and burn with imgburn I'll be interested in limited testing of dual layers.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Bump

Well I decided to buy TDA version 2.0. I did want the integrated dual layer option after all.

I do have one question - is there an update for it to include 16x burning for single layer discs (and yes the discs are 16x)? It only seems to go up to 12x even though is a 16x pioneer 111. I bought it and downloaded the other night so I would imagine its the latest version.
    Quote Quote