Our small company has roughly 2 dozen large boxes filled with old VHS tapes. Many of these boxes have important tapes we want transferred to digital video. So I would guess from these 2 dozen boxes maybe half we need to transfer. So 12 large boxes of VHS material.

I would like to transfer these all directly to HDD and maintain quality where possible.

I'm considering a PC-capture card set up, but I would prefer a simpler way. a pc-capture card set up would mean upgrading our one spare computer and all the setup it takes to get Dazzle going on it, training a member of staff, etc.

I asked at the shops and was told that their DVR machines would only record to the internal HDD and not direct out to an external drive. Considering the amount of tapes we need transferred, this would just add to the amount of work to be done.

What would be ideal is a PVR machine that can take a VCR as an input and record out to an external HDD, then all I would need to do is get a quality VCR machine, and a couple terabytes of HDD space.