VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    BD-AV? BD-J? HDi? I wonder just how functional it will be. This is a good sign, though. It could only help to get other companies to start offering such authoring capabilities (AHEM! Sony!).

valvehead//
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I would wonder how much room it would take up on my hard drive. No thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by redwudz
    I would wonder how much room it would take up on my hard drive. No thanks.
    Don't worry Nero 8 micro and lite installations will be available.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    That would be nice. I only use Nero Burning Rom in version 6 and I would have been happy to just install that.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by redwudz
    That would be nice. I only use Nero Burning Rom in version 6 and I would have been happy to just install that.
    Same here. I didn't bother with Nero version 7.

All I use from Nero is just the burning application, I don't need the rest of the crap, so just stuck with version 6.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    During previous CEBiT one of the Germans from Ahead when asked why Nero 7 has become such monster mish-mash of apps mentioned something about Nero being prepared to be self-sustained in next version(s?). I dont think it was incorrect translation, rather incomplete speech
    Perhaps thats the reason behind it, however I cannot imagine how they would implement it. They couldn't use some micro linux version with VM on top to load Nero X, because what about hardware; and AFAIK there is no Vista-Mini from Msoft, while Windows CE is a joke.

Nero 8.0 is already out for some time.
    Some Vista-only features are DiscCopy widget (umm, gadget ) RescueAgent etc, i.e. one nice feature: "live icons" (basically previews of items without opening them - again nothing new, but this one is very useful).
    Of course it does have HD-DVD and BR-DVD support (edit: i mean authoring etc)
    Quote Quote