VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there. Yes, I'm a newbie.

I have a webcam (Microsoft NX-6000) that I am currently using to capture an image every 2 minutes of the house that is being built in my back yard. The resolution is 800 x 600.
    What I want to do is create a movie with the several months of footage I'll end up with that will show the house "growing"
    Now, I can capture the images no problem.
    I can import them into Sony Vega 5.0d as image sequence no problem.
    I've been able to create a .MPEG output file with the video running at 15fps. The result looks pretty good (to me anyway).
    I've also been able to create a DVD and the resulting output is also pretty good.
    I'm estimating 10s of thousands of files once the house is built.

I've read that ~15fps is a good frame rate for what I want to do.

What I would appreciate some advice are things like:

Is two minutes the right sort of gap for what I want to do?
    What may be the best template to render the video in with Vegas? I've tried setting the Video . type to MPEG-2 setting the width and height to match the source .JPGs (800 x 600). The result looked okay. Video quality was set to 15.

What I'm really trying to do is to not lose much of the quality (which isn't super great to begin with) but I also need to be mindful of the number of files I'll end up with. Should I simply try and import 40000 thousands files into one project? Might be better to split the files on a month by month basis.

Any help/advice appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

chockas
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do the math. 30 frames per hour x 8 hour workday = 240 frames. Divide by 15 rendered frames per second giving 16 seconds of video a day. 20 days to build a house yields 5.33333 minute finished video. Is that what you want?
    Quote Quote