VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey folks. I can't figure this out. Everytime I try to watch a flic on this box, with thumbdrive, that is over 1gig in size, the damn player ends the flic. Views fine on PC with VLC. I've attached a G-Spot capture for anyone that cares to have a look. This is the third time this has happened and this time it's with a brand-spanking-new 16gig Dane-Elec thumber. I wish to hell I knew why this happens. Cheers to all, and any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Wanderlustus
    Quote Quote  
  2. I play up to 2 GB files all the time from an 8 GB thumb drive and don't have any problems. Your file doesn't seem to have any of the features that might cause problems.

Try remuxing with VirtualDub and see if that works any better:

File -> Open Video File
    Video -> Direct Stream Copy
    File -> Save as AVI

It should only take a minute.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ok Jag, giving it a shot. How in the hades is one supposed to know that there will be a problem before one jams the bloody thumber in to watch a flic? I swear, if I pull this on my lass again, she'll have the balls for bookends. :>
    Cheers,
    Wanderlustus
    Quote Quote  
  4. Well Jag, it worked insofar as the flic continued from the spot it originally crapped out. Sync was fecked though. See image attached for VD message.

Sorry man, but I never seem to have enough time to learn how to use all this software I've been grabbing. Guess I need to take a holiday from work for a couple of days and do some larnin'.

Cheers,
    Wanderlustus
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You may also check to see if your flash drive is good with something like "h2testw.exe" the problem maybe in your flash drive and not in the video file.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Okee Dokey, webster. I'm giving it a look right now, though remuxing it as Jag said fixed the problem. Er, except for the sync problem I created. Cheers.

------later-------

Meant to mention. This is my second thumber purchase. Had the same problem with two other flics on my 4gig thumber of the same make as the newbie.

And the software says no prob's with the drive. Thanks though for turning me on to something I never knew existed.
    Cheers,
    Wanderlustus
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Wanderlustus
    Okee Dokey, webster. I'm giving it a look right now, though remuxing it as Jag said fixed the problem. Er, except for the sync problem I created.
    There are a few possible fixes:

1) In VirtualDub select Options -> Preferences -> AVI. Try changing the state of "Disable auto-correction of data rate for MPEG layer III audio streams" then remux from the original file as before.

2) If you simply need to move the audio forward or backward by a fixed amount through the whole movie you can use the Audio Skew funtion. Select Audio -> Interleaving. In the "Audio Skew Correction" section enter a value in the "Delay Audio Track By" field. Use positive values to delay the audio, negative values to advance it. You can preview the video from within VirtualDub to see/hear the results. Once you have the correct audio skew set remux as before.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Ok Jag, I'll give this a shot when I get a chance today. Thanks.
    Cheers,
    Wanderlustus
    Quote Quote