VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I would like to know which authoring softwares can add a single language subtitle track to a movie with the facility of turning on/off the subtitles with aa dvd remote

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Most dvd authoring tools supports that like dvdstyler, muxman, avs2dvd, tmpgenc authoring works, dvdauthorgui.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A correctly written DVD authoring program that adheres to spec should allow you to be able to turn (normal, non hard-coded) subtitles on and off by successive presses of the "subtitle" button on the DVD player remote, like the ones baldrick has mentioned above; include encore, dvd architect, etc...
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote  
  4. Add DVDLab (Pro), and IFOEdit to the list. Pretty much all of them, actually. Of course, the authoring program you choose is partly dependent on the format of your subs and whether or not you can create them in or convert them to a format the program supports. For example, Muxman (the one I use) accepts subs only in SST and SUP formats.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Multiavchd can do what you want as well.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks a lot all
    May I ask whether Cyberlink PowerDirector can do this as I am thinking of buying this program
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Don't buy it,It's a piece of crap,just use a program here people recommended.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I second that! Don't spend your money on that software when there are many shareware alternatives or lower cost programs available.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!