VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there all,

First let me introduce myself, my name is Ricky Gomez from Puerto Rico. Recently found this website and I love it. First time posting.

Anyway here is my problem. I recently purchased the Pioneer stand alone DVD Recorder with 160GB hard drive model # 633HS. I love the machine, works great for transfering vhs to DVD and supports DVD-R DL.

But I'm desperetly seeking DVD-R DL disc but with inkjet printable surface. At the supermediastore.com they have them but they are Ritek, and in the DVD Recorders segment reviews of this website owners of my Pioneer 633 have all mentioned the the Ritek end up being coasters.

The also mention that Verbatim DVD-R DL work great with the 633HS, but I cant find them inkjet printable. I even email customer support @ Verbatim.com and no reply.

Anyone know about another good brand of DVD-R DL disc but with inkjet printable surface?

Thanks all for your time.
    Ricky Gomez
    Puerto Rico
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have bought Verbatim DVD+R DL inkjet printables from Newegg.com and Meritline.com. They come in a spindle 20, and are still pretty expensive.

Those are "+R DL" format. If you are looking specifically for "-R DL", I don't think they exist yet.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Verbatim 8.5Gb 4x Dual Layer DVD-R is only non printable right now ...
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the info people. I'll be on the look out. Hope it wont be long.

Ricky
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Verbratim sells excellent printable DVD+R DLs (20 pack). They are about $80, but they can be often found on sale. For example, Dell had them on sale for $55 for 20 a couple of months ago and I ordered a pack.

They are excellent, I had only 1 coaster out of 20. This is compared to Ritek which I had 10 coasters out of 25, and the 15 successfully burned don't pass the verify.

I even RMA-ed the Ritek, and the new discs they send me are also crap.
    Quote Quote  
  6. pred02: The Pioneer Recorders only burn -R format, thus the +R DL won't work.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Here's another site that sells Verbatim Printable Dual Layer DVDs. http://www.burnsmart.com/alldldvd.html
    Quote Quote