VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My computer has 2 monitors that are connected via DVI-D cable (fewer pins that DVI-I cable, a bit cheaper) and both has been working great however when I checked for Blu-ray restriction, everything passes except for the main monitor. The main monitor is SOYO Topaz-s 24" LCD is not HDCP compliant.

I've swapped the cable and switched the video port, the monitor won't be accepted by BD player. Is there anything I could do that isn't illegal (HDCO bypass or something) to get the monitor to work for full BD video benefit? Or did SOYO leave out something or what?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Rip the blu-rays with dvd-fab and play them from your hdd or buy another monitor thats hdcp compliant,soyuz made it it without hdcp compliancy.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    It's probably why SOYO brand monitors are so cheap (I mean that in both the good and bad sense of the word).

Encrypted (original Hollywood) Blu-rays will NOT work on that monitor, PERIOD, barring something drastic as you mentioned. Either decrypt them (while ripping) as mentioned by johns0, or use a valid monitor. Those are all your options.
    If you go with ripping, you can decide whether it will be 1:1 to backup disc or ISO, or to different container, or to convert (re-encoding) to different format altogether.

Scott
    Quote Quote