VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to sync subtitles using subtitle workshop. The problem I'm facing is that even though the first and last sub is displayed at the correct time of the conversation, almost every other sub in between is out of sync. So basically it progressively changes the timing and is not consistent. If the first sub was 4 seconds slow and the last sub is also 4 seconds slow, then there are many free ware that can help sync this kind of issue. From what I read, SW is one of the few that can correct subs that are not, hmmm, evenly out of sync.

Anyone done this before? Any help to get a manual on how to use SW would also be appreciated
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I guess you have downloaded subtitles? Are you then sure that subtitles are for same video source then? The video may be edited differently.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I figured how to do this on an older version of SW. The Beta version doesn't have any descriptions and thus was not sure which buttons to use! Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Of course, stable version is much better than the beta one.

Also, you can use Aegisub for that, or Time Adjuster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use the Easy Subtitles Synchronizer (ESS). It is a freeware tool that repairs and synchronizes subtitles easily. Up to now it's more handy than other similar tools that I have used.

http://easysubs.blogspot.com/
    Quote Quote