VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Whats the best way to convert a MKV to DVD9-DL spanning to (2) discs? The Mkv is 13gb so wanted to put it on (2) DVD-DL discs...

I used ConvertXtoDvd setting it to Dvd9(8100gb) with Mkv's that were 6-8Gb, it does have a custom setting so what would happen if you set the custom setting to 16200Gb? Can you burn this to (2) DVD-DL discs?

Maybe you would have to use DvdShrink on the VIDEO_TS folder to cut the video in 1/2 and save as two different ISO's...

What are avchd-dvd's? I heard using Vegas Pro or Roxio software you can burn HD on a DVD9 playable on a blueray player(limited to certain amount of time)
    I do own a blueray player and HDTV(1080p), the Blank Blueray discs are still too expensive!...
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've done this a few times.

Usually I've ran uncropmkv as some mkvs have trouble especially with the aspect ratio.
    Then I use tsmuxer to output in blu ray/avchd format. And finally burn with folders with Imgburn.

But for those that need to span 2 dics I use popBD to output the bluray/avchd folders with custom split.
    BDrebuilder may also work as it can split also but I haven't tried it for this purpose yet.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What are you trying to create ? A DVD ?
    What is the running time of the movie ?

To create two DVD structures you will have to first split the MKV file, then convert each part.

However do not confuse the 13GB file size of the MKV with the size required to put the same movie onto DVD. Unless it is a 6 hour epic, you will most likely only need a single DL disc.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Movie length 2:17 1920X818, how would you split the MKV?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you trying to keep it as an MKV file, or convert it to DVD ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by guns1inger
    Are you trying to keep it as an MKV file, or convert it to DVD ?
    DVD9, so like you pointed out the org size is just from the resolution source creating a much bigger file, and convertXtoDVD would be fine at DVD9?...
    Was just wondering too how to split an Mkv file for reference.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by odwoh
    Usually I've ran uncropmkv as some mkvs have trouble especially with the aspect ratio.
    Then I use tsmuxer to output in blu ray/avchd format. And finally burn with folders with Imgburn.

But for those that need to span 2 dics I use popBD to output the bluray/avchd folders with custom split.
    BDrebuilder may also work as it can split also but I haven't tried it for this purpose yet.
    Why does popBD and uncropmkv both point to the same link of a different name multiAVCHD?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It will happily fit on a single DL disc when converted to DVD compliance.

A long winded way to split the file would be TSMuxerGui/TSMuxer to split and create a .M2TS file, then use Xvid4PSP in Copy mode to create new MKV files from each part. However this will lose any subs in the file.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you bothered to go there you would see that all by the same author. His page has links to the actual threads at Doom9.

Originally Posted by ranosb
    Originally Posted by odwoh

Why does popBD and uncropmkv both point to the same link of a different name multiAVCHD?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by guns1inger
    If you bothered to go there you would see that all by the same author. His page has links to the actual threads at Doom9.
    I quick glanced, time, time, one needs more time when busy with video processing.

I FULLY plan on eye checking that site!
    Thanks to all participants!
    Quote Quote