VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I'm looking for a software all in one video converter to dvd for Linux debian. Thanks for letteing me post here.
    I'm new to converting video files to dvd in linux,
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I make my living as a Linux system administrator and I hardly am a fan of Microsoft, but I run it at home because that's where the tools are for video and audio work. Apple barely has anything, but there's usually something. With Linux the situation is extremely grim with very few tools existing at all. You may be limited to ffmpeg or some variant of it under Linux. Almost forgot - there's some program called Hybrid that might be what you are looking for, but I have never used it, so apologies if it doesn't fit the bill.
    Quote Quote  
  3. as such there many, but as said before jman98, Hybrid and Handbrake are also available in debian flavor.
    Hybrid will offer nice flexibility and support. If you shout there is a bed-bug (i mean bad-bug) in Hybrid, the author - Selur can not sleep at all. Last night I caught him lately, may be now he is ZZZZzzzzz after jet-speed support.

If you are familiar with commandline usage and bash script you should also give ffmpeg a try, which you can find in debian multimedia repo.

What I missed in whole lecture is all in one converter to DVD, still there are plenty qdvdauthor, DeVeDe, bombano, dvdstyler and so on... DeVeDe is mencoder based while DVDStyler is ffmpeg based.
    Last edited by enim; 21st Jan 2014 at 13:39.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe dvdstyler.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Bladrick said it while I was editing.
    Quote Quote