I know how to use a waveform monitor. But the most I've seen (including my own) are composite type waveform and vectorscope monitors. So, the vectorscope and waveform monitor I have only calibrates to composite. And, although it's correct for composite, how do I approach calibrating the signal from S-Video or even component? There must be a technique or something that can help me to approximate a close enough calibration using only a waveform & vectorscope monitor with composite connections only?

For example, I have hardware to generate test patterns via both S-Video, composite, and component. However, if I am using S-Video or component, how do I know what's being put on those lines are indeed correct? Perhaps pass S-Video or component through a device that outputs composite as well as S-Video or component? Run the composite end through my waveform and vector scope to make sure they are within the proper levels? But would that really confirm that still what ends up flowing down the line through the S-Video or component is also at the proper levels?

Or does everyone have S-Video type waveform and vector monitors?