VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey guys,

A few years ago, I've captured our old VHS tapes, and digitalis-ed them to an mpeg format. Although I live in a region were PAL is the standard, the captures seem to be NTSC, framerate of 29,97, horizontal length of 480. (Didn't knew much about it back in the day ). However, when I play it in VLC, the audio is sync, and the length matches the length of the videotape. So far so good.

Strangely, when I import it into After Effects/Premiere or any Adobe package, it interprets them with the proper settings (same settings as VLC is reading), but the audio is offsync. Or more specific, the video is played to quickly.

When I change the interpreted framerate to around 24,987, it matches the original length.

What seems to be going wrong here ? The biggest problem now is After Effects crashing when I change the interpreted framerate to the above number, so i'm a bit stuck here.

Thanks for the help!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    1. Post a mediainfo report of a typical sample

2. If possible, upload a short sample of the video( use avidemux: stream copy - no additional encoding) so that we can take a closer look at the problem.
    Quote Quote