VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello VH.com,

iam an audio engineer with a strong interest in Movie, Video, Animations & 3D.
    I just got a really weird task, which iam not sure how to perform:

- iam getting SRTs
    - integrate them into FCPX (iam using TitleExchange for that - works good)

- now the client wants me to export an XML (not fcpxml) with PNGs for all the Subtitles.
    - So it should be one PNG for each subtitle (regardless the length of the Sub) and one XML for defining the timing of the PNGs - so the subtitles are not the written text but the respective PNG.

how can i do this? Iam on OSX 10.8.4 and FCPX 10.0.9. Also we have the newest Version of Submerge, in case this is any help.

thank you for your help.
    KabeL
    Quote Quote  
  2. A Windows solution could be Subtitle Edit - File -> Export ...

I've got no Mac solution
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hey videobruger... thanks for your solution. i can make it work, since i have a windows application on the mac. do you know if there is a possibility to define font and position of the subtitle regarding to the hostvideo i want to create it to ? i know it sounds weird. but iam supposed to layer the Subs on the Video, so they look nice and have a good position. And THEN export them without the picture... but as seperated PNGs + a XML (which i could work out using the suggested program - not the fonts and position tho...)

thanks again,
    Kabel
    Quote Quote  
  4. When you choose export you'll be able to select font/size ...

The output is a .png for each subtitle and one .xml
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i see this but i have no control how the subs will look like if layered back on the clip again. Neither for the positioning. For instance - i'd like to put the sub into the black bar at the bottom of a video, in order to keep the visable part untouched. Can i have an influence on where the subs are positioned, or do i have to look for another tool - and if so, which one?
    Quote Quote  
  6. i see this but i have no control how the subs will look like if layered back on the clip again
    Depends on your player.

Neither for the positioning
    If you need further positioning besides those Subtitle Edit gives (left/center/right), ie vertical, you could try easySUP.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well iam trying EZtitles IV right now - for my purpose its perfect.
    Unfortunately the Full Version i need is like 2k and iam kinda looking for a less expensive solution.

Is belle-nuit providing the same options? I contacted belle-nuit for a demo version.
    What you guys think about swift / annotation edit?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hola, Subtitle Edit supports these alignment in File -> Export -> image based format:

Code:
    upper left                  upper center          upper right

center left                   center             center right

lower left                  lower center          lower right
    You set the alignment by right-clicking in the list view -> Alignment
    Also, font colors + italic are supported.
    Quote Quote