VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My friend has a JVC XV-S30 (BK, I guess) and a Panasonic CT32D32(F) which both have the component Video connectors. My question is, can I use a couple of Video/Audo RCA cable to connect them instead of spending the money on a Component Video cable?

I realised that maybe I wasn't being clear. What I mean is, since the Componet Video Connectors where RCA type plugs, can I just use a couple of Audio/Video RCA type cables instead of buying a Componet Video Cable (since they look like basicly the same thing).
    I hope maybe I'm clearer?

I did a search on this web site, and it seems that most people seem to favor using the Component Video, but no one mentioned if you had to use special cables.

thanks

Nider
    Quote Quote  
  2. Well, I did some more digging and found out that Componet Video cables need to do some high bandwidth, so they need to be well shielded with little data loss, it seems.

I'm probably going to give it a try with some standard audio/video cable and see what happens. Just need to get another cable for it.

later,

Nider
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    shielding has little to do with bandwidth and Componet video isnt all that high a bandwidth anyway ...

the dielectric and such are more importaint .
    any good quality cable will work fine but they should be the same exact lenth ..
    Quote Quote  
  4. I ended up using the video/audio cable as it was a good qualty cable, and it works great. So I guess I answered my own question. Thanks, knew I could get the help I needed here. =)

be seeing you

Nyder
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Talk about mixed up. That's a guy who can't even spell his own name right twice in a row.
    Quote Quote