+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a DivX file with an AVI extension,
    It came with a SUBS Folder, and that has files with extension
    IDX and one with SUB

How can I make a file for my DIVX Player so that I can play the movie and
    turn off or turn on the Subtitles or is that even possible? Thanks...
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's possible, assuming you player supports the IDX/SUB format. Not all do. Give them all the same name (Movie.avi, Movie.idx, Movie.sub). Burn them to disc, and if your player supports them, then you should be able to turn them on and off. Check your manual to see what format subtitles your player supports. If it supports only SRT subs, then you'll have to OCR them to SRT. SubRip can do that, among other programs.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, also I have heard that the extension DIVX can be like a "container file"
    Containing the Subs and the Movie? Is this true? How can I go about doing one if it is true
    (I have the AVI in DIVX codec and the SUB file)
    Quote Quote  
  4. You had better check first to see if your player supports the DIVX extension and subs merged into that container. Most don't. I think it needs "DivX Ultra" certification and, if so, it should be plastered on the outside of the unit. Otherwise change the extension to AVI and do as I said earlier.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    http://www.sony.com.ph/product/dvp-ns608p this is the one I have at home (came free with the TV haha )
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    By the way thanks for answering
    Quote Quote  
  7. Looks like a regular DVD/MPEG-4 player to me. No DivX Ultra. I couldn't get it to show me the manual, so you can read yours to see what format subtitles it supports.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks will try as soon as i get some blank disks

Thanks again
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Follow up question....

I have the movie Rush Hour (Jackie Chan Chris tucker) in Divx, I also have the Subs (seperate Sub folder) for the NON-English parts of the movie, all I want to know ---

Is there a way to make the Subs hard subs (since they are just for the nonenglish parts....)

Can it be done without re encoding the movie, I am not to good with encoding I'm afraid I'd loose quality...

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Is there a way to make the Subs hard subs
    Not without reencoding the entire movie.
    I am not to good with encoding I'm afraid I'd loose quality...
    Even if you're good at encoding you'll lose at least some quality. Why not try and see if the result is acceptable to you? Here's Baldrick's guide to burning the subs into the video when using AutoGK:

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic316471.html
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I never used it myself but you might want to try a program called AVIAddXSubs as it claims to allow the placement of soft subs into an AVI file so that a hardware DviX player will be able to select and not select the subtitles.

I've been meaning to try it as subtitle support on the PS3 is not so good and yet from what I have read this AVIAddXSubs works with the PS3 so ... if I were you I would try it.

I realize you don't have a PS3 but it is made to work with "any" hardware DivX AVI player.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am not a Pro in this issue but I can offer a solution because I already did it.
    I use ALLTOAVI software to convert and add sub. It takes less than 50mi for a 700mb movie. Sofar I worked with many formats and have to say this: this software lives upto its name-ALLTOAVI. It was a free software.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Samsung home theatre system which read subtitles for divx movies (if provided in sub-srt format) but my problem is that it only recognizes English and not any other language ,,, so is there any way to make the subtitles as pictures rather than text it will have to read, or is there any other solution or is there another solution???

Thanks in advance....
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would use ALLTOAVI to burn sub onto the picture.It is a free software.
    Quote Quote