+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I tried importing a video into VirtualDub and it comes out like this
    Click image for larger version

Name:	pie.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	415.9 KB
ID:	27022

Anyone have any suggestions i think it might have something to do with the encoder...
    Quote Quote  
  2. You didn't say what codec you used, but it's more likely to be your resolution, in my opinion. If it's really 1918x950, as in the picture, I'd suspect your Mod2 resolutions. Make both height and width at least Mod4 (something like 1920x952, for example) and try again.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    You didn't say what codec you used, but it's more likely to be your resolution, in my opinion. If it's really 1918x950, as in the picture, I'd suspect your Mod2 resolutions. Make both height and width at least Mod4 (something like 1920x952, for example) and try again.
    The picture is a screenshot and it's cropped... and i have no clue what codec i am using besides i thought this was newbie
    Last edited by Blindwolf; 23rd Aug 2014 at 17:53.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Blindwolf View Post
    i have no clue what codec i am using
    Try MediaInfo.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by Blindwolf View Post
    i have no clue what codec i am using
    Try MediaInfo.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	pie 2.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	27028

Ideas? Sorry for the terrible cropping i haven't been sleeping well and i'm not concentrating
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    @BlindWolf, it came out like that IN Vitrualdub? or as an export from Virtualdub? (the former, I think)

It might very well be the encoder, but we don't know what exact settings you tried. Assuming "WinX Free MP4 to AVI converter", it seemed to not do a good job. We do know that your result is DivX 4 (MPEG4-SP) 1920x1080 @ 29.000fps in an AVI container with mp3 audio. There are some faults in that setting: SP doesn't fully utilize compression efficiency compared to ASP, 29fps is not standard - though that might be due to the source. There are many better quality, more capable & flexible, standards-compliant encoders out there, including some that are free, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Tell us more where your original (MP4?) came from...was it a gameplay screencap? What are it's specs? (BTW, try to post TEXT readouts of MediaInfo, instead of pix).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    @BlindWolf, it came out like that IN Vitrualdub? or as an export from Virtualdub? (the former, I think)

It might very well be the encoder, but we don't know what exact settings you tried. Assuming "WinX Free MP4 to AVI converter", it seemed to not do a good job. We do know that your result is DivX 4 (MPEG4-SP) 1920x1080 @ 29.000fps in an AVI container with mp3 audio. There are some faults in that setting: SP doesn't fully utilize compression efficiency compared to ASP, 29fps is not standard - though that might be due to the source. There are many better quality, more capable & flexible, standards-compliant encoders out there, including some that are free, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Tell us more where your original (MP4?) came from...was it a gameplay screencap? What are it's specs? (BTW, try to post TEXT readouts of MediaInfo, instead of pix).

Scott
    I used the converter before and it was fine i know i had to use a lot of freeware programs to do edits of pieces which i wanted to quicken because it was just dungeon trash and i wanted to fast forward it as well as making a dubbing track over the existing file but the editor i was using did not want to merge the files so i had to use Windows Live Movie Maker which sucks but when your just a kid basically with no job i only have limited tools and barely any knowledge to work with so basically all i got left is to experiment but as soon as i import it to virtualdub it comes out like that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjTe42AXZQs i followed this video and use these exact settings to make my youtube videos... The others turned out fine worked in 1080p and had reduced file sizes which is what i need.

A minor request though i would like to ask if you guys could keep the technical jargon as simplistic as possible i do not mean this with malicious intent nor do i mean to be rude or demeaning i simple would like to understand the process myself and I will fully admit to being entirely ignorant when it comes to video editing than the majority of people of this site.

If anyone knows any freeware software (Not shareware) that is good for video editing and can do thing such as increase speed, cut footage and dub over footage while retaining original audio with a commentary track i'd be most grateful (If can also play mp4 files and export them as avi would help too)
    Last edited by Blindwolf; 23rd Aug 2014 at 20:16. Reason: Request
    Quote Quote  
  8. Bump
    Quote Quote  
  9. It looks like a normal Divx AVI. The 1920x1080 frame size shouldn't be a problem. Try using a different decoder, Xvid, ffmpeg, etc.

Upload a short sample. Open the file in VirtualDub, select Video -> Direct Stream Copy, mark a short section that shows the problem and has something recognizable, then Save as AVI.

By the way, the "text" view from MediaInfo would normally be more useful.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    It looks like a normal Divx AVI. The 1920x1080 frame size shouldn't be a problem. Try using a different decoder, Xvid, ffmpeg, etc.

Upload a short sample. Open the file in VirtualDub, select Video -> Direct Stream Copy, mark a short section that shows the problem and has something recognizable, then Save as AVI.

By the way, the "text" view from MediaInfo would normally be more useful.
    I'm trying another program and seeing if that resolves my issue also i got rid of my other mp4 to avi converter and got a different one although if you know of any free mp4 to avi converters that can converter fast, at high quality and don't mess up my videos i'd appreciate it
    Quote Quote  
  11. I fixed my issue still wondering on that free video editor bump
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!