VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to convert some multiple avi movies to one DVD using the convertx to DVD program. They all have the same frame rate of 29.97 but their frame sizes are different and I am not sure DVD compliant. At the end of the conversion, I get the VOB movie files but I don't get the other files that come with the VOB files that seem to be important. Nero tells me that they are not compliant when I try to burn them.

I thought that convertxtoDVD automatically changes the frame sizes to the DVD compliant size but maybe not. Do I need to change the frame sizes of all those avi movies so that they are the same and DVD compliant before I use the convertx to dvd program or is there something else I am missing?

I also use Nero 7 so maybe I could do it with that program if the other one doesn't do it.
    Quote Quote  
  2. convertx will make the frame size compliant (e.g. 720x480 for NTSC land), and letterbox it to keep the aspect ratio. You can change the behavior in the options (e.g. stretch to frame vs. letterboxing, etc...)
    Quote Quote  
  3. That's what I thought. Then why aren't the 4 movies coming out DVD compatible and why aren't those other files included with the VOB files. Nero tells me something like important files missing. I've run the conversion twice each time taking about 5 hours.

What do I need to do?
    Quote Quote  
  4. load your multiple avi's into convertx, press convert

If you used default settings, it should author it properly

Check the Video_TS folder and see if it plays back correctly and if the files are there

Then use imgburn to burn (Nero can be problematic)

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    This sounds suspiciously to me that you might be converting one AVI file at a time to DVD format and trying to combine pieces of the output together without having proper IFOs and BUPs. Nero is sometimes too fussy, no doubt about that, but some of it's warnings are legit. When Nero complains about DVD compliance, my experience is that it is right about it.

The link to your software seems to indicate that it is intended to work on only single files, not multiple AVIs like you have, which leads credence to my guess.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had this problem last week when convertxtodvd only produced the vob files and no ifo or bup files.It's easy to resolve just download ifoedit and click on create IFO's ,in the pop up box navigate to the first vob and it will load the rest automatically.Ifoedit will create the required files and it will then burn in Nero.Hope this helps.
    Quote Quote  
  7. jman98,

Yes, I was loading the Avi movies one at a time because if I loaded them all at once they would mix up the order that I wanted the movies to play in. I even numbered them 01, 02... but that didn't keep the number order. So I would load one at a time to keep the order I wanted. Then once I had them loaded, I would convert them all with ConvertxtoDVD at the same time. That method seemed to work for me to get the right order when I did it other times. I'll try to load them up all at the same time but I don't know how to keep the order that way.

Picky737,

That solution is like finding a needle in a haystack. I'll try it later on and see if it works and makes the movies compatible to burn.
    Quote Quote