VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    i've bought a dvd set that's known to have some problems (although i would have thought two years after the orignal release they would have fixed that but)

i am trying/wanting to verify the sectors to make sure the dvd's are good and readable, i don't have the time to watch all 49dvd's right now to figure out which ones might be bad.

i am trying to find a program and i am sure there has to be plenty of programs out there that can get past the fact they are copy protected and verify the dvd itself.

not looking to copy or rip the dvd just verify the dvd itself.

thanks

for any help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A few years ago, I used Nero to burn DVDs and then verify with a program within Nero. But I gave it up, took 10 to 15 minutes to do one disk and the results were erratic. That program has been upgraded since and may be better.

Now, I just play my DVDs in fast foward on the DVD player to check for errors. Much quicker and easier for me.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    well i've been trying a few programs one of them is nero dvd speed which can check the dvd for errors.

my problem is these are not burned dvd's but legit dvd's i had bought. trying to go through 49 dvd's it a pain no matter how you do it but

i think between the nero and dvdinfo which both can find bad parts i've found a way to verify but i kept looking becasue i kept getting errors on the disc, all five i tried failed so i assumed it was the programs h avin gissues.

then i decided to put in a known dvd thats good, (stargate sg1) and it had no problems but testing the others still are giving errors so know i know what i can use to verify a dvd.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Bad blocks are part of the copy protection on commercial discs.
    Quote Quote