VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I need to be able to have about a dozen students in my classroom involved with an educational computer application while I am teaching a workshop in the same room. I was thinking of buying a dozen inexpensive bluetooth headsets for the students to wear but I am not sure how many transmitters are needed. Can 3 or 4 headsets receive the signal from one bt transmitter, or is it a 1 to 1 ratio? The distance involved is no more than 16 feet.
    Quote Quote  
  2. A Bluetooth master device can talk to 7 (depends on the manufacturer) slave devices in a piconet, but only to 1 at a time. I don't think you can achieve this with off the shelf headsets unless you have one transmitter for each headset. There may be an "industrial" system available, the key is to have a Bluetooth master device that can operate in broadcast mode; check the wiki for more details. There are such systems available, but they transmit an analog signal over RF and they're pricey. If your goal was to keep it cheap, you could use an FM microphone with some FM radio headsets.
    Last edited by nic2k4; 29th Mar 2013 at 11:06. Reason: Clarification
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    There are BT devices which "broadcast" audio (usually compressed using SBC, MP2 or MP3) simultaneously to multiple receivers (for hearing aid use, movie set use, recording studio use, etc), but those use a newer and specialty (and probably proprietary) Profile & Protocol, so almost all "generic" A2DP profile speaker/headset devices will NOT be able to do this.

I believe Siemens has a series that allows this, and maybe TI as well.

Hopefully, the outlets and market for this will greatly expand in the future, making them common options...

Scott

<edit>IIWY, I'd check with Pro Cinema shoot suppliers, etc. as they encounter those on a more regular basis and can point you in the right direction (if they don't already offer it themselves).
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 29th Mar 2013 at 16:48.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks! FM is also cheaper than bt as well.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,
    What is a best way to broadcast a tv audio signal to multiple smartphones Btooth maybe not but can i fm broadcast the audio Thanks
    Quote Quote