VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Dear friends,

Iīm a little crazy about that.
    I have Win XP Pro and a Firewire Card with VIA Chipset, when I plug the firewire cable on my JVC MiniDV cam (GR-D30U) Windows doesnīt recognize my Camcorder, I just receive the message "THERE IS NO CAMCORDER DEVICE ON THIS SYSTEM".
    I was reading the forums and noticed something about JVC and Windows XP conflicts..and other things about the FireWire cards chipsets...

Any friend can solve this problem ?
    Thanx for the support...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Gabriel_Brazil
    Dear friends,

Iīm a little crazy about that.
    I have Win XP Pro and a Firewire Card with VIA Chipset, when I plug the firewire cable on my JVC MiniDV cam (GR-D30U) Windows doesnīt recognize my Camcorder, I just receive the message "THERE IS NO CAMCORDER DEVICE ON THIS SYSTEM".
    I was reading the forums and noticed something about JVC and Windows XP conflicts..and other things about the FireWire cards chipsets...

Any friend can solve this problem ?
    Thanx for the support...
    I guess you already tried, but just in case: I had the same problem for a while with my Win XP and JVC GR-DX27E camera... it was just a matter of patience.
    I kept getting the same "camera not detected" kind of message, but was solved after some cable unplugging and re-plugging, waiting for PNP to detect a generic firewire device, rebooting, PNP to detect a video camera, reboot again and then it worked! It works for me from then on, but I was quite desperate for a couple of hours.

I hope you have the same kind of simple problem.

Regards,
    Luis.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a GR-DX77 and a firewire card with the VIA chipset also but I haven't had any problems. The JVCs and firewire seem to be a problem for many people. Check out the JVC forum at camcorderinfo.com There is a big discussion there about this issue.
    Quote Quote  
  4. My Firewire card is sharing IRQ 9 with my Video card, Sound Card and NEtwork card...this IRQ sharing can cause all the problem ?

Tnahx...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is the firewire port on a separate PCI card? If so, try reinstalling it in another slot...
    Quote Quote  
  6. So, here it is...

Iīve already changed the slots, ans also brought my Firewire card at work. With a Sony MiniDV cam my firewire card and cable did work very well on a Windows 2000 Pro SP4.
    The problem is on my JVC Cam or my PC...what you think about that ?

Iīll try to install Win 2000 on my pc and test...
    Iīm a little confused īcause JVC told me that they donīt know about this problem....

Any help will be appreciate...
    Thanx ...
    Quote Quote  
  7. JVC miniDV cams won't work with certain firewire cards.
    One of the firewire cards that seems to work great with these miniDV cams is Orange Micro.
    I have one and never had a problem. You should try one of these, maybe it'll solve your problem.
    Quote Quote  
  8. But the main problem is that my Wondows XP Pro SP1 recognizes my Firewire Card as a NETWORK ADAPTER 1394, why ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Gabriel,

I also have one of these camcorders. I have never had a problem with mine being recognized. I also have a VIA chipset firewire card, and XP home. My computer recognizes my card as a network adapter also but it doesn't give me any grief. Did you try a new cable? I just plug mine in, turn the camera on by setting it to play, XP plays its happy little tune that says it has recognized it, and away I go. Hope you get your prob straightened out.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Dear friend EGrier,

I have a JVC D30-US, and my motherboard is an ASUS TUV4X with VIA Chipset.
    I just tested my firewire card and the cable on my friendīs computer and it worked fine with his Sony Camcorder...on windows 2000 (which didnīt recognize the card as a network adapter, just the IEEE 1394 host controllers).

If you have more sugestions, Iīd appreciate....
    This weekend Iīll test another firewire card (Pinnacle) on my computer ... and then I tell you ...

Thanx a lot ...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Did you try and hook your JVC up to his computer? If so, did it work then? My computer has an Intel chipset. I don't know if that makes any difference. My procedure that works is, hook up the camera with the power off, turn on the camera to the play position, viola, XP recognizes it and away I go. I hope you can get your problem resolved.

Ethan
    Quote Quote  
  12. Man,

I just turned on my camcorder and connected the cable and Windows XP recognized it as a IEEE host controller AND a network adapter 1394. But the applications tell me : THERE ARE NO DV CAMCORDERS ON THIS SYSTEM. Why ?!?!

Iīm using a Pnnacle Studio DV firewire card from my friend...the same problem...

You think the problem is my motherboard with VIA Chipset or Windows XP Pro ?
    Quote Quote  
  13. I just tested my JVC Camcorder GR-D30US on a different computer, and different firewire card, and...the same problem...I just donīt know what is that...I just donīt know what to do...
    If there is someone in the world with the same problem...please contact me...Iīm desperate ...

C YA !
    Quote Quote  
  14. Iīd like to remember that JVC GR-D30US doesnīt have the option DV Out ON/OFF...
    Quote Quote  
  15. How could I test my DV output on JVC Camcorder ?
    Quote Quote