Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	30954

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Very nice. I'll have to try this.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  3. Maybe I'm missing something but there doesn't seem to be a binary available and reading through that page makes it sound like it barely works, despite what the youtube video would have us believe.

The primary intent of this filter is to do color correction which varies along timeline. I face it with underwater shots.

This filter works in XRGB mode only.

Internal filters that can be used:

levels (sampling is disabled)
    brightness/contrast
    HSV adjust
    sharpen

Internal logo works, but slow (there is room for improvement both on my side and logo side).
    However, with logo it is possible to use parameter blending, for example to move it from left to right.

It may work with many other plugins, however behavior is not guaranteed. It may crash, or it may do nothing.

In general, what to expect from worker filter:

It must work in XRGB
    It cannot use timeline - nothing temporal will work
    It cannot alter image format, dimension or structure
    It must use parameters and dialog to edit them
    It is better if it supports Preview

About parameter blending

By default animation works by blending end result of filter stacks.
    This is similar to builtin "blend curve" facility and works great with color correction filters.
    Another possibility is to interpolate all parameters and as result apply different (interpolated) filter to every frame.
    Whether this option produce anything depends on how parameters are represented. Many filters use continuous numeric parameters which can be smoothly interpolated. Other are not easy (for example "gradation curves").
    Known issues

No saving: there is no concept of plugin data that can be saved in VirtualDub yet.
    So it is impossible to save/load, and impossible to schedule for batch processing.
    I am thinking of it.
    To workaround (sort of), use context menu "copy all", "paste all".

Resize option does not work: I forget it. Now I am not sure it is needed at all.

Performance can be better in several situations.

Official VirtualDub can run it with severe limitations: internal plugins cannot be used, color picking not available, timeline not synchronized, etc.
    In what way is this even close to being a usable product?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Have you tried it ?

I just did some quick tests but it seems to work ok. You download the zip file and use the mod version of vdub. It exports ok.

Where I can see someone using this, is if you have color corrections per scene, where you have to change settings over time, that sort of thing . It's not a replacement for a NLE, but still a nice option to be able to keyframe and interpolate values

If the author could get it working as part of "normal" vdub, that would be better
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks for sharing,

The link has changed, this is good one: http://sourceforge.net/p/vdfiltermod/wiki/MasterBlend
    I expect reader to also see main page: http://sourceforge.net/p/vdfiltermod/wiki/Home

Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    If the author could get it working as part of "normal" vdub, that would be better
    It should work with "normal" vdub 1.10.5 if you believe that is better
    Last edited by shekh; 17th Apr 2015 at 14:32.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by sophisticles View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something but there doesn't seem to be a binary available and reading through that page makes it sound like it barely works, despite what the youtube video would have us believe.

In what way is this even close to being a usable product?
    You are so used to typical marketing bullshit that you cannot accept honest description
    What sentence made you so afraid?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    After testing, I'm entirely not sure what this is actually supposed to be doing. I thought it was a new color correction filter, but it's not. I guess it's supposed to be a scene-by-scene color correction tool, but Adobe Premiere is much better at that.

Needing a special version of VirtualDub is a bit of a deal breaker as well.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  8. If you already use VirtualDub for a reason (like you a tied to a process which is only available in VirtualDub, for example Deshaker?) and you already use some color correction. Then this stuff may help. You have choice. This filter combined with "lab color" is better color correction than "lab color" alone. Having the ability to animate is better than nothing. Etc.
    This improved VirtualDub is better than not improved, but it is not needed unless you need the improvements.
    Quote Quote