VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to convert this 10 min VHS to DVD or hard drive. Since this local company will convert VHS to DVD ($10) for less than VHS to avi/mp4/mpg ($40), I think I will just convert VHS to DVD. Then take the DVD and rip it to my computer. I have DVD Fab 8.1 and IMG Burn. Will any of these free software allow me to covnert the DVD onto my hard drive to any desired video file?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Ask them to record with the highest bitrate (+9000k ) if you go that route at least

mediacoder should be able to encode in mp4/avi for you
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  3. They said "The dvd is -R : burned media with mpeg2 file you will pull out of a rolled ISO image file"
    Not sure what that means. I thought all DVD is ISO. I would have to transfer DVD ISO to avi/mpg/mp4 on my computer. What is mpeg2?
    Quote Quote  
  4. DVD Fab will be the software to use to convert it to a specific video file format. The only downside about DVD Fab is that it doesn't support converting dvd's to mpg files. You can do practically any file format out there..except mpg.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You don't want to use DVDFab to convert anyway. Try a better software like freemake video converter.
    Last edited by zoobie; 27th Apr 2012 at 19:36.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jyeh74 View Post
    What is mpeg2?
    MPEG2 is DVD.
    https://www.videohelp.com/dvd#tech
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DVDfab hd decrypter (the free part that just takes out the copy protection) is good, but for reencoding dvds to another format both it and freemake stink.

For me it's dvdfab hd decrypter to a video_ts folder, then handbrake.
    Quote Quote