VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hey guys i need to be able to stream this on xbox 360 i know its not the size of the file since i have bigger files that work im trying to use avi recomp to make it xvid compatible or something (sorry ima tard) but i keep getting an error with virtualdubmod ? thanks for any help or suggestions

eneral
    Complete name : I:\My Videos\My Movies\Anime\tri.avi
    Format : AVI
    Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
    Format profile : OpenDML
    File size : 5.58 GiB
    Duration : 10h 39mn
    Overall bit rate : 1 248 Kbps

Video
    Format : VC-1
    Codec ID : WMV3
    Codec ID/Info : Windows Media Video 9
    Codec ID/Hint : WMV3
    Bit rate : 1 123 Kbps
    Width : 640 pixels
    Height : 480 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 4/3
    Frame rate : 23.976 fps
    Resolution : 24 bits
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.153
    Stream size : 5.02 GiB (90%)

Audio
    Format : MPEG Audio
    Format version : Version 1
    Format profile : Layer 3
    Codec ID : 55
    Codec ID/Hint : MP3
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 118 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Resolution : 16 bits
    Stream size : 533 MiB (9%)
    Alignment : Aligned on interleaves
    Interleave, duration : 24 ms (0.58 video frame)
    Quote Quote  
  2. The video is VC-1 format, which I dont think Vdubmod can handle.

The Xbox 360 can handle VC-1 just fine, but it needs to be in a WMV container.

You could demux the audio and video, convert the audio to WMA, then mux them together to create a WMV file. Though how you would multiplex them, i'm not 100% sure.

When does the Vdubmod error occur?
    Quote Quote  
  3. double post
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    heres the error i get with vdubmod

An out-of-bounds memory access (access violation) occurred in module 'xvidcore'...
    ...while compressing frame 785761 from 03e20000 to 04820020 (VideoSequenceCompressor.cpp:406)...
    ...while running thread "Processing" (thread.cpp:120)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Does it only happen with this particular video file? It could be that the file is corrupted and it is causing Vdubmod to crash when it reaches frame #785761.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    that could very well be i have no need to try this with any other file to test it out unfortunately...when you said i could try and demux it is that what avi-mux is for? i tried to do that with this with all default settings didnt do anything. can xbox 360 play vbr audio"? because i heard that can have compatibility issues with other products?

***i followed this post https://forum.videohelp.com/topic352374.html and turned myfile into an mp4 but my xbox doesnt even show the file...which is kind of weird i thought it shows all my other files even tho it doesnt play them..?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    here is info on mp4

Format : MPEG-4
    Format profile : Base Media
    Codec ID : isom
    File size : 4.43 GiB
    Overall bit rate : 992 Kbps
    Encoded date : UTC 2009-06-28 10:54:18
    Tagged date : UTC 2009-06-28 10:54:18

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4.1
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 3 frames
    Codec ID : avc1
    Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
    Bit rate : 915 Kbps
    Maximum bit rate : 3 501 Kbps
    Width : 640 pixels
    Height : 480 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 4/3
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 23.976 fps
    Resolution : 24 bits
    Colorimetry : 4:2:0
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.124
    Stream size : 4.09 GiB (92%)
    Writing library : x264 core 65 r999kMod cc51047
    Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=6 / psy_rd=1.0:0.0 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=4 / thread_queue=4 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=1 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / wpredb=1 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40(pre) / rc=crf / crf=21.0000 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30 / aq=1:1.00 / cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=6 / psy_rd=1.0:0.0 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=4 / thread_queue=4 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=1 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / wpredb=1 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40(pre) / rc=crf / crf=21.0000 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30 / aq=1:1.00
    Encoded date : UTC 2009-06-28 10:54:18
    Tagged date : UTC 2009-06-28 11:14:16

Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : AAC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
    Format version : Version 4
    Format profile : LC
    Format settings, SBR : No
    Codec ID : 40
    Duration : 6h 8mn
    Bit rate : 129 Kbps
    Maximum bit rate : 165 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel positions : L R
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Resolution : 16 bits
    Stream size : 339 MiB (7%)
    Encoded date : UTC 2009-06-28 11:13:38
    Tagged date : UTC 2009-06-28 11:14:16
    Quote Quote  
  8. If you are streaming to the Xbox 360 using WMP11, then MP4 is not officially supported on XP and Vista, though it is in Windows 7 with WMP12.

There is a workaround by way of a registry fix, details at the link below.

http://a8t8.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!2518DD508BB713E8!156.entry

You may need to clear your entire windows media library and disable media sharing before applying the reg fix. You must also remember to restart your PC immediately after applying the fix.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Try remuxing the AVI into a WMV container.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok thanks i will look into that i did not know mp4 wasnt officially supported on xp or vista thats crazy so i take it then if i physically put the movie on my xbox or used a flash drive it would probably read it? i dont want to do either of those just wondering...so lets say for some odd reason that fix messed up would it mess up anything else on my comp or just wmp? which i dont even care to have its just i use it for the xbox of course (;
    Quote Quote  
  11. The fix tricks WMP11 into recognising MP4 as a valid format for streaming, I think the worse that could happen is that it simply wouldn't work. Some say that renaming an MP4 to AVI works, but I havent tried it myself.

The MP4 should play fine from a USB device as long it's encoded in a way that the 360 likes.

Originally Posted by jagabo
    Try remuxing the AVI into a WMV container.
    Easier said than done, Windows Media Stream Editor doesn't like .vc1 files, and there's no other easy way of doing it that I know of.

I think FFmpeg can encode WMA, So maybe there's a way of getting it to change the container to WMV, i'm not an FFmpeg expert.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i click on the link to download the patch and i get a bunch of stuff about my registry???

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.mp4]
    "PerceivedType"="video"
    "Content Type"="video/mp4"

stuff like that but nothing to actually download?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    so just an update i changed file from .mp4 to .avi and my computer reads it just fine but xbox does not recognize the file. so ill keep trying things out..the sad thing is i own this dvd but i downloaded it because i cant get my dvd to encode to avi with the sound in sync and i failed to be able to fix that problem i tried alot things out from other forums )= damn the man lol
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by carlos28355
    i click on the link to download the patch and i get a bunch of stuff about my registry???

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.mp4]
    "PerceivedType"="video"
    "Content Type"="video/mp4"

stuff like that but nothing to actually download?

Right click, "save as", filename should be v8-WMP11-MP4-M4V-M4A.reg
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    oh man i thought u did it! the xbox reads the file now but when i went to play got a codec error )=
    Quote Quote  
  16. A codec error on the Xbox 360 means that either you haven't got the media update, or the MP4 file is not in a format the Xbox 360 accepts.

Xvid4PSP should have worked, but you could try EncodeHD or Handbrake instead. They both have preset profiles for the Xbox 360.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok ill give them a try thanks. when i did it with xvid4psp it didnt even show up on the 360 until i did thw wmp registry patch but ill check out the other 2 programs thanks again
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hey i just wanted to update you since i do appreciate all your help. so the file that i have been working with is something i downloaded. the reason i downloaded it is because when i was ripping the movie to my hdd then convert it using autogk the audio was off and tried several programs to correct this which none of them fixed my issue i re-ripped and re-encoded this movie about a couple dozen times its a 3 disc series i got disk 1 to finally come out correct just by doing it over and over evently disc 2 and 3 worked then i merged the files with avidemux and then used avi-mux gui dont know what it does exactly but i do know i need to do that before it works on my xbox ha which it is working now.

i wanted to run this by you maybe u can help me with my other issue so again having problem with anime this time its gungrave its similar issue but the audio is fine its the subtitles that are off which i can almost get that perfectly lined up but my main concern is this..when i rip the dvd to my hdd it does not rip all the vobs it started out ripping 5 vobs there is a total of 8 i kept redoing it and eventualy it got 6 vobs

i was ripping with dvddecrypter but was advised is outdated i used dvd shrink same issue i used anydvd or hddvd i forget what its called same program i think? also used dvdfabhd or again not sure the exact name sorry im sure u know. but do you know why its not ripping all my vobs and im not getting an error it is completing...sorry so long just wanted to give u some background info and let u know my other problem is no longer a problem (for now) ha thanks
    Quote Quote