VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello
    Appologies for the Newbieish question but....
    I've been trying to convert some 23.97fps (NTSC-Film) XVids to DVD for play on a standalone player (capable of both PAL and NTSC) but it's driving me nuts. I have tried converting to PAL using TMPGEnc Free but I get the repeated frame issue and the video looks jerky. I have converted to MPEG2 NTSC film, but my DVD authoring software doesn't like it (Ulead MovieFactory - came bundled with my capture card). It seems to think a 40min Xvid is 2 hours long.
    How can I do it without having to fork out and buy some commercial software? A step-by-step tutorial would be much appreciated. I have access to a Mac and a PC running both Linux and Windows XP, so OS isn't a issue.

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Flick or FAVC. Both free.
    Quote Quote  
  3. In TMPGEnc Free set up for an NTSC DVD (720x480) then set the Encode Mode to "3:2 pulldown when playback" and Frame Rate to "23.976 fps (internally 29.907 fps)." That will make a NTSC MPG file with 3:2 pulldown flags that MovieFactory should be happy with (making an NTSC disc).

Or your problem may be VBR MP3 audio -- that often confuses TMPGEnc. Decompress the audio to uncompressed WAV an it should import properly into TMPGEnc.
    Quote Quote