VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi!

Anyone here use FireRecord (formerly iRecord, AVC VideoCap variant)?

I made the mistake of deleting an event while it was recording. Now, FireRecord always says "Device is Busy". When I try to do an immediate event, it says "There are no available devices". However, when I open up AVCVideoCap, it records easily from my Motorola QIP7100 Verizon cable box (although it cannot schedule recordings as it does not support the year 2009 in it's scheduling menu).

I am on 0.5.0f (although the download said 0.5.0 h, the "about FireRecord box says 0.5.0f). I tried to upgrade to 0.5.1, but it would not pick up the cable box at all.

I'm thinking that there must be some system files I need to delete or something. Anyone know where they might be - I can't find hide nor hair of them when searching my machine for FireRecord nor iRecord.

The developer is unresponsive for 2 weeks now and his forums were hacked and are full of pron.

Thanks for any advice or free alternative for scheduled Firewire recording!!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have just encountered the same problem... deleted a recording from the list while it was recording... and now I always get the "No Device" message. Any chance you have figured out what to do? I tried reinstalling FireRecord but no luck.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I fixed it by re-installing it, and deleting its database, which is stored in /Users/youusername/Library/Application Support/FireRecord. You're going to lose all of your scheduled recordings so you might want to jot those down somewhere, but it was the only way i got it working again.

They really need to fix this issue. It's pretty easy to corrupt Firerecord's database by either closing it prematurely, or by deleting in the middle of an event.

Hope this helps somebody.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Almost 2 years later and I did it again. pponso1, you are my savior tonight.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Anyone have an idea where OSX 10.8 keeps the database file for FireRecord?
    /Library/Application Support/FireRecord does not exist.
    I accidentally deleted a recording and now get “There are no available devices” which is usually fixed by deleting the database.
    Quote Quote