VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey Gang,

I just purchased a Hauppaug Colossus capture card. When I record a video it saves the file as an mpeg-2 ts. I didn't see any options in its WinTV software to change the format, and I'm not able to use virtualdub or VLC to capture the video (both give a capture driver error) so I'm stuck with it.

I create a file and tried to edit it in virtualdubmod but it says it cannot detect it's file type. Tried with the virtualdub-mpeg2 version but it gives the same error.

I tried using windows movie maker 2.6 but it also has problems with the file. So I tried to convert it with avidemux but it crashes when importing the video...

I'm at a standstill here, nothing seems to be working. I'm using windows 7 64bit and I'm just looking for some kind of solution to edit/convert the video, or if there is a different capture software I could use that would also be helpful.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Did you use avidemux 2.5 or 2.6 (beta) ?

http://avidemux.razorbyte.com.au/

2.6 handles AVC/h.264 better than 2.5 (I think Colosus records AVC)
    Quote Quote  
  3. I was using 2.5 but I just tried 2.6 64bit and it also crashed on importing the video

My mistake, I was using 2.5.6. 2.6 64bit resolved the issue, much appreciated!
    Last edited by SINZAR; 25th Apr 2012 at 17:45.
    Quote Quote