VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I have a show with the original audio, XviD encoded with mp3 in a .avi. The local TV has started broadcasting the show with the dubbed audio. I captured some of the shows off of the TV broadcast, demuxed them and got .mp2 of the dubbed audio. Now I want to include this dubbed audio within the original files I previously had. I know how to include it as the second audio stream within the .avi, But first I need to sync the dubbed audio with the original video as it was a bit different when broadcast by TV, i.e. there were some censored, cut parts in it so the dubbed audio needs to have some editing (the ads were also recorded) etc. and not just some delay to get in sync with the video. On the other hand, the original video comes in 23.976 fps whereas the dubbed audio was extracted from the TV broadcast which is 25.000 fps.

So is there any application to see the video with while editing the dubbed audio at the same time so that I can get it in sync, delete some parts, etc. And how can I change the fps of the dubbed audio or the original file (whichever would be more reasonable to do) to have them both in the same fps.

Would be great if I could do all these without any quality loss as the audio is of bad quality as it is.

I'd be very grateful if you could help me with this.
    Last edited by Scotter; 6th May 2011 at 15:38.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Any NLE worth it's salt should be able to do this. Also the better DAWs (ProTools, Logic, Digital Performer) as they also can have a Video on the timeline. Edit it to sync along with the reference A+V (which should be "locked" for no editing). May need to do a Time Stretch to get the length right (I see you've had FPS changes). Export back ONLY the edited audio, using a high-bitrate codec, remux into the ref video.

Loss, well you'll have some no matter what. Just make the bitrate high enough.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks a lot, Cornucopia, which of those applications do you recommend specifically? in NLE's and DAW's.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    AVID MediaComposer, Apple FinalCutPro, Sony Vegas Pro, Adobe PremierePro, or Thompson/GrassValley/Canopus Edius Pro for NLE's. Digidesign ProTools, Apple Logic, MOTU Digital Performer, Steinberg Cubase, or Nuendo for DAW's. There probably are more that are capable (multipe tracks along with video), but I just haven't worked with them.
    Any of these should be able to do the job handily.

Note: the specific functions of Framerate conversion, Samplerate conversion and/or Non-edit-friendly to Edit friendly codec conversion might be better done using specialty apps like Virtualdub and/or AVISynth.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. I have English movie Die hard in English having total length for example 1hour 30minute original time and dubbed movie length 1hour 28minute.how to equalize both audio.apparently it is impossible. how can i cut original English movie so that i can equalize one video .I can cut but it is difficult to find out from which scene i cut the movie.i want to make dual audio movie.is there any software that can do this.
    Quote Quote