VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    G’day all.
    I have finally solved the reboot problem.
    After testing and failing all tests, the PC kept rebooting. At first it loaded windows OK, but it rebooted shortly after while I tried to open an application or Internet. In the end starting damping memory, blue screen.
    I notice the start button sprang back out very slowly, I compared with another PC exactly the same and the start button sprang out swiftly. I removed the front panel and removed the switch from the panel and immersed in nail polish remover and washed it for a few minutes in it. When the pusher moved freely and fast in and out, re assembled the switch and front panel.
    I had to re install the HDD image again as it had been corrupted.
    It’s been three days that has not rebooted, by itself.

I am very grateful for the help and tips you gave me. I have learned a few more tricks.

Thanks to all.

Kind Regards

John
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Glad to read that.

But do you really need to start a new topic ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I've got to admit, I find that a bit funny.

Don't take that as a lack of empathy. Quite the opposite, in fact. The problem being in the last place you'd look.... that's the sort of thing that tends to happen to me.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    I've got to admit, I find that a bit funny.

Don't take that as a lack of empathy. Quite the opposite, in fact. The problem being in the last place you'd look.... that's the sort of thing that tends to happen to me.
    Agree. Weekly or fortnightly cleaning under preventive maintenance is important.
    Quote Quote