VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, the problem with this video (actually it's a set of videos) is that it doesn't allow me to move the playback to the point I want. For instance, let's say I want to move the playback to 4:40. I hover the mouse over the seek bar and the tag with the timestamp for that position is displayed. I move the mouse until the tag shows 4:40, clic there, and the video starts playing at... 5:46! This is a learning video (on how to use Excel), so I want to move back and forth all the time to repeat the interesting parts or to skip the parts I already know, but this problem makes it impossible.

My guess is that the problem is related to the video itself, because I use VLC all the time and it navigates most other videos just fine.

Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try run it through asfbinwin. Just add it and make a new wmv.
    Quote Quote  
  3. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, probably that "set of videos" was muxed incorrectly, which often implies seeking goes broken.

In many (not in all) cases, it's possible to fix them by remuxing. The problem is find the appropriate tool for the job ---

--- you may need to try ffmpeg, AsfBin, Windows Media File Editor, SolveigMM ASF Multiplexer, whichever works first
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 25th May 2014 at 10:40.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Try turning off fast seek in VLC.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Try run it through asfbinwin. Just add it and make a new wmv.
    Thank you. Worked like a charm!

By the way, I found out by chance that GOMPlayer seeks properly with the original video. Anyway, I prefer using VLC, so this was very helpful.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!