VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    What does it do and what does it let you do? (For example, will it record to a video file something that the player is currently running?)

I've looked around, even on what appears to be the VLC webpage, but can't find any clearly spelled out answers.

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What can do VLC would need a really long answer ; I will just answer about "recording what you are playing ":

First , you should make a recording button appear in VLC interface this way:
    In VLC go to "view" and then ,set "advanced control" ; you will get a recording button and also a snapshot button that can be useful.

When you want to record what you are viewing, just push the recording button on ,it will become slightly blue.
    Recording will end when you push it off or at the end of the clip.VLC will make no re-encoding,so it is lossless.

You will find a file named "vlc-record ...." in your video folder.
    (I don't Know how to change the output folder)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In VLC go to "view" and then ,set "advanced control" ; you will get a recording button and also a snapshot button that can be useful.
    Also a frame by frame advance button which is useful for discovering a telecine sequence.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you guys. Very much. Managed to get it going, and fairly satisfied (and surprised, if you know what I mean) by the results.
    Quote Quote  
  5. File: Open Network Stream

Then you can record something you see on the net.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I saw the answer above but it is different on Rel 2.1.3. The red button does not turn blue when I press it so nothing shows whether it is recording. And what is the "video folder" where VLC puts the recording?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Windows XP VLC recorded videos are in MY DOCUMENTS / MY VIDEOS folder.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Windows 7 recorded videos are in Libraries -> Videos (usually C:\Users\yourwindowsusername\Videos )
    Quote Quote