VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I doubl clicked a layer or something and now I cant view all layers at once (i.e i cant view my work). How do I resolve this? I mean, wow, really? I cant continue my bloody work at all cuz of this crap.

You know, I just dont...'get' after effects. Its defaulted so you cant watch your work on it...why? Its defaulted so there is no sound....WHY?? Its made so you cant defualtly view all layers at once.....why? Ffs while they're at it they should 'default' it so whenever you open after effects it changes your time zone or something, the defaults are...bloody lunancy.
    Quote Quote  
  2. did you accidentally shy the layers?

did you accidentally click visiblity off?

did you accidentally solo a single layer?

if you post a screenshot it would help
    Quote Quote  
  3. Multimedia storyteller bigass's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Wow, that's a shame that it's giving you so much trouble. I hope you can get your money back!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Well im on the last leg of finishing this project, im working around these faults but it doesnt excuse their existance. Now the play menu thats usually a top right menu is missing, dont get me wrong its a terrible menu but I need it to easily go through frame by frame
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Devilsadvocate View Post
    Well im on the last leg of finishing this project, im working around these faults but it doesnt excuse their existance. Now the play menu thats usually a top right menu is missing, dont get me wrong its a terrible menu but I need it to easily go through frame by frame

By default, all layer visibility is on

How is it a "fault" of the program if you pushed the wrong button ? It's called "user error"

Effects need to be rendered, that's why you don't get realtime preview. This is true of any compositing program. Even with no effects, assets need to be rendered into ram.

Hit ram preview to get sound and rendered realtime preview. More ram = better
    Quote Quote  
  6. I doubl clicked a layer or something and now I cant view all layers at once (i.e i cant view my work).
    When you double click on a layer, it opens the layer panel, just go back to the composition panel

Maybe that's what you're referring to? Hard to help without a good description
    Quote Quote