VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    got some mkvs, after moving from one HDD to another, I've noticed one of them was not ok, it skips like a 3 minutes, I would like to run a batch check or something on the hole library (mostly music videos).

the old hard drive was faulty, so I guess more than a vid is damaged.

Any help will be appreciated
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    if the files had been damaged on the old drive windows wouldn't have copied them to the new one. it would have stopped on crc errors. no way it would join files with missing pieces in the middle. just run error checking on the whole drive - right click on the drive/properties/tools.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    of course some of them didn't copied, previous ram errors suggest than more videos could be damaged, that's why I ask, sorry I forgot that
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you may use virtualdub program and use the "search video stream for errors"(have@the picture). Please up-2-date me with
    the latest version features on mkv files.

remars:virtual dub is a good program for fast&simple, video trimmind|cropping edit, and allows you to make use of plugin`s.

external:More on plug`ins please read@http://superuser.com/questions/11383/what-are-the-best-virtualdub-addons/
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Intel Core i7 View Post
    you may use virtualdub program and use the "search video stream for errors"(have@the picture). Please up-2-date me with
    the latest version features on mkv files.

remars:virtual dub is a good program for fast&simple, video trimmind|cropping edit, and allows you to make use of plugin`s.

external:More on plug`ins please read@http://superuser.com/questions/11383/what-are-the-best-virtualdub-addons/
    Vdub is one of my favorites...

But how would I go for 150+ vids? one by one would take time
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For large amounts of video data you might try creating a similar batch file shown in this link
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bjs View Post
    For large amounts of video data you might try creating a similar batch file shown in this link
    Already tried it, I was unable to make it work properly, it's creating a tmp file for each space found in the filenames, so it creates like 3 to 7 files per video, result is, ffmpeg can't find the file...

Anybody had success with this???

tried it on debian box.

.::Edit::.

Using the scrip Bjs suggested works renaming files so they contain no spaces but underlines or something else

take in count FFMPEG must be set to './ffmpeg.exe', preferably in the same directory as media files, this, using cygwin.
    Last edited by bidomo; 7th Jun 2011 at 01:49. Reason: solved
    Quote Quote