VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have downloaded some flv files of classical music and found major differences in the sound volume among the files. It is awkward to have to change my volume control constantly during playback. I tried using mP3gain but it interfered with the video portion of the flv files. Is there a relatively simple way to normalize the sound portion of the flv files without affecting the video portions so that use of a volume control on playback is not necessary?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can do it, it'll be tedious, however. Classical music, which relies on wide dynamic range is not going to respond very kindly to any kind of normalization or peak limiting. As long as you can live with the fact that your end result will sound a lot like mono music coming out of an FM radio, you can try the following:

This process will convert the flv files to low res xvid/div AVI files, leveling and normalizing the audio.

Down the following app and unzip

http://www.savefile.com/files/848905

Place .FLV files into same folder as the unzipped files. Click Flv_gain.bat file to start conversion.

When done, normalized Xvid/Div AVI files will be located here

Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I followed the directions as given and it worked beautifully. The new filesize was 3 times larger, but I can live with that. Thanks for your help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Cool
    Quote Quote