VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i bought that program for my windows comp a few years ago, and now that i'm a mac, i miss using that program. it would take just about any video format i would have and convert it to any other format i chose. as well as crop video in anyway i wanted unlike imovie on the mac. is there a mac equivalent to tmpgenc 3.0 xpress ?
    i have macx video converter pro but even that has a big problem converting wmv's. it crashes most of the time. but it only converts, it doesnt allow me to crop OR combine several clips into one like tmpgenc allowed me. any help guys?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I never use it but ffmpeg works under Mac and it might be able to do the job for you. I can't help you with it as, again, I never use it.

Even the most hardcore Mac fanboys I know bought VMware Fusion and use it to run programs under a Windows VM on their Macs. You could always go that route.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Without the Flip4Mac -paid- plugin installed, you'll get a watermark in the converted video. What I do is use XP (or Windows 7) in Parallels, open the WMV in Movie Maker, export as DV-AVI and drop that file into Handbrake (back on the Mac side). The settings you use there are dependent on the device(s) on which you want to play that video.

Once you have the file(s) back om the Mac side, you want to have the Perian plugin installed. To combine multiple videos into one, use MPEG Streamclip. That all will also do the conversion to H264/MP4 for Mac-friendliness.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well as much as i appreciate the info, it doesnt seem like there is just a mac version of that program i love...seems i need so many different apps to just get it to do one thing that windows is great for...thanks anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    "so many"? One on Windows and one on OSX.

If you -buy- the Flip3Mac WMV plugin (instead of using the free version), you may do the entire thing with MPEG Streamclip.
    Quote Quote