VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey all,

Starting around a month ago, my Yahoo! email account has been giving me problems. I can begin a session within Yahoo! email, but after a time of doing nothing but looking at messages in my Inbox, the browser (IE8) seems to stop responding to clicks within the Yahoo! email UI. When I refresh the page, or click the back button, I get a message saying:

Sorry, unable to process request at this time -- error 999
    Unfortunately, we are unable to process your request at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later.

All I can do at that point is log out, and wait for several hours (up to half a day) to recover my ability to re-access the email account.

I had read that this can happen if there are links being sent from the Yahoo! account, and this is Yahoo!'s way of mitigating spam from hijacked accounts. So just to be on the safe side, I changed my Yahoo! password, but the problem still comes up from time to time.

Has anyone else here seen or heard of the same? Thanks in advance for any feedback.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Tried another browser, like FF or Opera? My girlfriend also has an account at Yahoo, no problems whatsoever...
    Das Leben ist eine Nebelwand voller Rasierklingen. (C. Bukowski)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I have been using Yahoo email for years and while in general I like it, it's horribly unreliable. Every few months it will have outages ranging from minutes at a time to even a couple of hours. I have not had your specific issue but I do not use IE at all. You can open a support case with Yahoo about it I think, but as it is a free service I can't promise you that they will spend a lot of time to help you, but you could always try.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Maybe you're making too many requests (refreshing page) and Yahoo is interpreting it as a Dos attack.

http://www.murraymoffatt.com/software-problem-0011.html

I doubt very much that it has anything to do with IE.
    Last edited by transporterfan; 19th Apr 2012 at 15:55.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This has been happening more and more to me - and I am using Firefox. It happened today, too. When it happens, I usually have to refresh the browser page to get it to work again. I use Flashblock, AdBlock and Ghostery on my yahoo page, which usually keeps most shit off the page. Lately, I've been seeing a lot of full page ads as part of the mail page background in my Trash and Spam folders right after I delete all the trash.
    ICBM target coordinates:
    26° 14' 10.16"N -- 80° 16' 0.91"W
    Quote Quote