VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm stuggling with joining m2ts files (using tsMuxer version 1.10.6).

I got already two BD discs which have the same problem
    - Steven Spielbergs' Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind
    - Hancock
    Both of them have split the main movie into several .M2TS files. When I join them using tsMuxer into one single .M2TS file, then this file gets stuck after reaching the "joining-moment" (but each single element is played without any problem)

additional information: Video - h264, Audio - DD-TrueHD (with AC3 core)

I face the same problem when joining M2TS files from my Canon AVCHD camcorder HF11 !!!
    When I join files which are created directly by this camcorder, they again get stuck after playing the "joining-moment"
    (but each single element is played without any problem)

additional information: Video - h264 (24Mbps), Audio - DD - 2 channels

I'm always using for playing the Popcornhour 110 - Network Media Tank (HW decoded media player, see www.popcornhour.com) which works great with all other single-M2TS rips from BD discs (encoded in h264, VC1 or MPEG2) and regular DVD VOB files as well.

Do you have similar experience? Do you know how to resolve it? How to join .m2ts files together correctly?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Are you using BD Info to load the correct mpls file into TsMuxer on these "seamless branching disk" titles?

If not, this what you need to do

ocgw

peace
    i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 Samsung Pro 840 128GB Seagate 2TB HDD EVGA GTX 650
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic368691.html
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, full BD disk is copied to HD, and then proper MPLS file identified to load the right sequence of .m2ts files, then irrelevant audio and subtitle streams excluded, and finally processed using tsMuxer. I tested several combinations (i.e. exclude only some audio elementary stremas, none of them, etc.) but result is the same - always stucking during playback once the "join-point" is reached. Typically only on those multi .m2ts discs. If there is only one big file (which is in most cases - fortunately ), then processing and exclusion of unwanted audio stream works fine.

I'm quite unhappy since it happens also in case of my own video from AVCHD camcorder.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You got the latest firmware, drivers and software for popcorn hour?

ocgw

peace
    i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 Samsung Pro 840 128GB Seagate 2TB HDD EVGA GTX 650
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I did. Popcornhour firmware from 1 June 2009 - still no change. I suspect that tsMuxer doesn't join files correctly, meaning that timemarks in the stream are not updated 100% correctly or multiplexing of elementary streams has some gaps. Software-based players in MS Windows are probably able to handle this gap but Popcornhour not. (Please note that Popcornhour plays original single-file-m2ts movies without any problem - even long 2.5 hours movies

That's why I'm asking if somebody has similar experience and knows how to overcome/fix it it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fkasparek
    Yes, I did. Popcornhour firmware from 1 June 2009 - still no change. I suspect that tsMuxer doesn't join files correctly, meaning that timemarks in the stream are not updated 100% correctly or multiplexing of elementary streams has some gaps. Software-based players in MS Windows are probably able to handle this gap but Popcornhour not. (Please note that Popcornhour plays original single-file-m2ts movies without any problem - even long 2.5 hours movies

That's why I'm asking if somebody has similar experience and knows how to overcome/fix it it.
    You could try Clown BD, it demuxs w/ eac3to, and remuxes w/ TsMuxer

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=25818

ocgw

peace
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Looks very promising! I tested it with AVCHD files (joining .m2ts) and it worked .

I demuxed AVCHD files from Canon camcorder using

eac3to -demux 00001.m2ts+00002.m2ts+00003.m2ts+...

which also joined those files (this is important for me) and created elementary video and audio stream/files.
    Then I merged those elementary streams using tsMuxerGUI.
    Resulting .m2ts file payed smoothly and correctly on my Popcornhour !
    It looks to me that tsMuxer (1.10.6 and older) has some bug while demuxing transport stream (.ts and .m2ts) - maybe dropping few filler-packets or whatever. It may happen during demuxing both internally (while joining) and externally with demux command.

I will provide a conclusion once I will test in also with those problematic BD discs: "Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind" and "Hancock", probably after Sunday
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Looks very promising! I tested it with AVCHD files (joining .m2ts) and it worked .

I demuxed AVCHD files from Canon camcorder using

eac3to -demux 00001.m2ts+00002.m2ts+00003.m2ts+...

which also joined those files (this is important for me) and created elementary video and audio stream/files.
    Then I merged those elementary streams using tsMuxerGUI.
    Resulting .m2ts file payed smoothly and correctly on my Popcornhour !
    It looks to me that tsMuxer (1.10.6 and older) has some bug while demuxing transport stream (.ts and .m2ts) - maybe dropping few filler-packets or whatever. It may happen during demuxing both internally (while joining) and externally with demux command.

I will provide a conclusion once I will test in also with those problematic BD discs: "Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind" and "Hancock", probably after Sunday
    Good to hear it seems to be working out for you

ocgw

peace
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So, after watching the joined .m2ts file of BD "Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind" I can confirm the successful .m2ts joining process :

I used command

eac3to -demux 00055.mpls

which joined all partial .m2ts files as described in BD playlist 00055.mpls and created all elementary video and audio stream/files.

Then I merged those elementary streams using tsMuxerGUI (including Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA sound!).

Resulting single .m2ts file payed smoothly and correctly on my Popcornhour !

ocgw - thanks a lot for good hint and advice.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So, after watching the joined .m2ts file of BD "Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind" I can confirm the successful .m2ts joining process :

I used command

eac3to -demux 00055.mpls

which joined all partial .m2ts files as described in BD playlist 00055.mpls and created all elementary video and audio stream/files.

Then I merged those elementary streams using tsMuxerGUI (including Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA sound!).

Resulting single .m2ts file payed smoothly and correctly on my Popcornhour !

ocgw - thanks a lot for good hint and advice.
    no problemo

ocgw

peace
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When I try to use tsmuxer I have these problems.

1. the movies turns out with "square" all over the screen. The source is 1920*1080p.
    2. Tsmuxer converts the source to 16:9 (pan and scan) even I have set it to use the source (16:9 letterbox).

Is there anyway I can fix this. ?
    Quote Quote  
  12. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    As you are posting in this thread I assume your source is a blu-ray/m2ts? And you are trying to join them?

If not then make a new thread with detailed information about your source in https://forum.videohelp.com/forums/11-Video-Conversion
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It maybe an incorrect setting on your tv or BD player.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    As you are posting in this thread I assume your source is a blu-ray/m2ts? And you are trying to join them?

If not then make a new thread with detailed information about your source in https://forum.videohelp.com/forums/11-Video-Conversion
    The source is a mkv and I am not trying to join.

I am trying to convert it to blu-ray so the disc (blu-ray BD-25) will boot from my blu-ray player.

I have used mkv-extract to convert the source
    Tsmuxer and imgburn to burn to bd disc.

The end result is I get these square's all over the screen.
    Quote Quote