Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I want improve on video Like this

Before

after

I want to change levels colors sharpen with megui
    Quote Quote  
  2. Aside from the fact the original video may be a little noisy (it's hard to tell from a still image) there's absolutely nothing about the second image which makes it look better than the first one to me.

The noise filtering has removed fine detail, it looks as though it was converted from a HD source without correcting the colors so they're a little "off" (hence the red face) and the shiny edges of the shirt.... where do you get a shirt like that? Each to their own, I guess......
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah,some of the fine detail is missing plus the red hue is altered a tad.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How to minimize this Like second picture
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by mmkk View Post
    How to minimize this Like second picture
    Apply temporal and spacial noise reduction filters. But as other have pointed out, you will lose some detail along with the noise.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How I do this . script or options megui?
    Quote Quote  
  7. How familiar are you with using Avisynth? ie adding stuff to MeGUI's scripts "manually"?

If you can follow the link in this post and put the plugins from the dither package in your Avisynth plugins folder (assuming you have Avisynth installed otherwise you'll need to load them in each script) and copy and paste the sample script into your own, it's not too bad for reducing light to medium noise. Someone else may have a better suggestion.

MeGUI has noise removal filters you can enable, but none of them are overly special. If I was going to use any of them (and I do occasionally) it be the "medium noise" option, which adds fluxsmoothST() to the script for noise removal. I doesn't remove "heavy noise" but it'll reduce light to medium noise a bit. Any noise removal, no matter how clever the filter, is some form of compromise between removing noise and blurring fine detail (hence the guy's face looking "smoother" in your second screenshot).

If you have the time and patience to make it work, Temporal Degrain is pretty good at noise removal although it generally removes a bit too much for my taste using it's default settings (ie it blurs a bit too much). However you can increase/decrease it's de-noising strength to suite the video. It's very, very slow though. The price you generally pay for quality.....
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How familiar are you with using Avisynth? ie adding stuff to MeGUI's scripts "manually"?
    I am a newbie and not good at using Avisynth

If you can follow the link in this post and put the plugins from the dither package in your Avisynth plugins folder (assuming you have Avisynth installed otherwise you'll need to load them in each script) and copy and paste the sample script into your own, it's not too bad for reducing light to medium noise. Someone else may have a better suggestion.

MeGUI has noise removal filters you can enable, but none of them are overly special. If I was going to use any of them (and I do occasionally) it be the "medium noise" option, which adds fluxsmoothST() to the script for noise removal. I doesn't remove "heavy noise" but it'll reduce light to medium noise a bit. Any noise removal, no matter how clever the filter, is some form of compromise between removing noise and blurring fine detail (hence the guy's face looking "smoother" in your second screenshot).

If you have the time and patience to make it work, Temporal Degrain is pretty good at noise removal although it generally removes a bit too much for my taste using it's default settings (ie it blurs a bit too much). However you can increase/decrease it's de-noising strength to suite the video. It's very, very slow though. The price you generally pay for quality
    Thank you so much my friend
    video is good With FluxSmoothST(7,7)
    Quote Quote